+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Barcode changes when saving/printing

billpatty

Jul 15, 2020
Hi all,

I've noticed something strange when I save or print form IMM 1344. When I go to save it (after validating), it automatically generates a new barcode and the number at the bottom of each page changes. The same things happens when I print. Perhaps this isn't a huge problem, but it makes it impossible to have a form saved on my computer that matches the form that I will submit. I suppose I could print two copies to have a physical backup of my form, but I'd also like to have the electronic version. Has anyone else noticed this feature of the barcode pages?

I've tried switching to the recommended older version of Adobe Reader and this still happens.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hi all,

I've noticed something strange when I save or print form IMM 1344. When I go to save it (after validating), it automatically generates a new barcode and the number at the bottom of each page changes. The same things happens when I print. Perhaps this isn't a huge problem, but it makes it impossible to have a form saved on my computer that matches the form that I will submit. I suppose I could print two copies to have a physical backup of my form, but I'd also like to have the electronic version. Has anyone else noticed this feature of the barcode pages?

I've tried switching to the recommended older version of Adobe Reader and this still happens.
The pdf is again a computer program which reads all the inputs you put, validates and generates ‘unique’ bar codes and to achieve that, it surely includes timestamps (date and time) in it which for obvious reasons keeps updating. Hence, validate the form, click save and print.