+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Banned from working in Canada for 6 months.

Daveyboy

Mar 4, 2013
Hi,
I've been banned for working in Canada for 6 months as I worked for a few weeks without a permit, can I obtain a new work permit under a second passport or will the general information still flag me, i.e. Name, DOB, Address. I'm hoping that as the second passport will have a different nationality and different number associated with it I can bypass work permit ban. Has anyone had any direct experience with this? Any and all feed back will be appreciated.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Do not make matters worse for yourself. Serve the 6 months ban and re-apply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Daveyboy said:
Hi,
I've been banned for working in Canada for 6 months as I worked for a few weeks without a permit, can I obtain a new work permit under a second passport or will the general information still flag me, i.e. Name, DOB, Address. I'm hoping that as the second passport will have a different nationality and different number associated with it I can bypass work permit ban. Has anyone had any direct experience with this? Any and all feed back will be appreciated.
No - you can't obtain a work permit under a second passport. If you try this, it will be flagged as misrepresentation (i.e. lying) and you'll have a two year ban from entering Canada added to your existing six month ban from applying for a work permit. Don't do something stupid. Wait out the six month ban.

hardie

Jan 13, 2013
how do you know that u r banned from working.......i mean just explain your situation briefly.....may be i can help

Daveyboy

Mar 4, 2013
hardie said:
how do you know that u r banned from working.......i mean just explain your situation briefly.....may be i can help
Hi, sorry for the very late reply I haven't been on for a while. Any help or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. My situation is as follows:
I entered Calgary Canada originally on a working holiday visa, I wished to continue working and so applied for an extension on my work permit which was denied as it needed and lmo to accompany the application, my employer applied for the lmo but it did not arrive until after my work permit expired. I then applied for a reinstation of status using the lmo but heard nothing for months, despite numerous calls to cic no one could tell me anything other than to wait out the maximum time and then they would advise further. I was not supposed to be working during this time but as I was waiting for so long I had no other choice and so worked free lance doing various small masonry jobs for cash.
After 5 months the maximum time had lapsed and I called cic again and was advised to go to a border crossing with the lmo and apply there.
The border officer I was dealing with discovered I had been working via messages and pictures on my cell (I was unaware they could seize this but in hindsight I was stupid for not assuming they would) He told me that because I had been working illegally I could not apply for a work permit for 6 months from the last day I had been working which he could prove was feb 28th 2013. He also deemed me inadmissible to Canada as I had insufficient funds to support myself during this time and issued me with an "allowed to leave canada" form giving me 15 days to get my affairs in order and leave voluntarily or stay and appeal and likely lose the appeal and be removed/deported. I chose to leave voluntarily and presented myself to the cbsc at Calgary airport so they could verify that I was leaving.
It is now June and I have only 13 weeks before my ban is up. My employer is extremely anxious to have me back and has already applied for another lmo as the original has expired, we hope to have a positive lmo in within the next few weeks. I intend to apply for the work permit at the airport as I would have to wait an additional 8-12 weeks otherwise and as i said my employer wants me back asap. I plan on returning to Calgary the second week of September.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It's good that you left voluntarily, and hopefully you will be able to get your work permit. When you fill out the work permit application, you would have to answer "yes" to having worked without authorization and "yes" to being asked to leave Canada and provide details. You may want to speak to an immigration lawyer about it, because it may be important that the border officer be satisfied that you now understand the rules and don't intend to break them.
Border officers can confiscate any electronics, including ask you to sign in to your email accounts or bank account if they deem it necessary.

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Was your work permit approved when you applied after the ban, please advise as I am in such similar situation