+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Banned from University

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Immigration authorities will not come knocking and kicking your relatives door and drag you out of that place.

Your relatives are in no legal responsibility of your actions (unless you are running a criminal activity and they are complicit in that).
Otherwise, you can think of them as a landlord.
Why would the landlord be in problems due to the tenant immigration mess.

So, don’t worry about your relatives and try to fix your current situation. If your relatives want to kick you out due to distrust or whatever… that’s a different story.
Thanks for your reply

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Maybe OP's relatives are also living illegally in Canada. And he don't want the authorities to come knocking on their door. Who knows? OP seems abit too concerned.
Don't jump to conclusion without knowing the facts. My relatives ARE legal in Canada. I am worried about them coz they should not be in trouble coz of me.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
What did your letter actually say about not travelling to Canada. Working illegally and not following immigration rules will often lead to IRCC not giving you 2nd chances or approvals in general because you don’t have a track record of following immigration rules. As previously said you need to stop working illegally. How fast did you travel after receiving the letter banning you? The system may not have been updated before you travel but you may have no status in Canada at the moment. You can attempt to apply to another school and get another study permit. You can not work until then. Iwould suggest meeting with meeting with an immigration lawyer if you are trying to remain in Canada longterm.
I haven't receive any letter. Got email from University advising that I have been banned from the entire program for 1 year and I travelled after that email.
I travelled after a week of the email

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Don't jump to conclusion without knowing the facts. My relatives ARE legal in Canada. I am worried about them coz they should not be in trouble coz of me.
No I am just stating possibilities. The authorities will decide the facts.

And since you have a track record of withholding information from the authorities, the penalties won't be lenient.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
I haven't receive any letter. Got email from University advising that I have been banned from the entire program for 1 year and I travelled after that email.
I travelled after a week of the email
Did you provide that email from the university to the border officer when you enter Canada?

As12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Thanks for your reply.

Can I change my university (means take admission in another uni.)

and if I take admission in another Uni. and after taking admission if the DLI in which I 1st took admission sends compliance report to IRCC stating that I have been banned for 365 days what consequences can I face?
Normally when you graduate your school you have 90 days to leave Canada. Maybe this is valid when you are banned from univ also. If you check this and you have 90 days, you can try to admit another univ in 90 days.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Normally when you graduate your school you have 90 days to leave Canada. Maybe this is valid when you are banned from univ also. If you check this and you have 90 days, you can try to admit another univ in 90 days.
Maybe this is valid when you are banned from univ also - so I must leave Canada within 90 days? if I don't leave in 90 days how will IRCC know I am in Canada?
If you check this and you have 90 days, you can try to admit another univ in 90 days. - so within 90 days I have to take admission in another Uni.? Will the new Uni. contact my existing Uni. (the Uni. which has banned me?) will it create any issue?

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Maybe this is valid when you are banned from univ also - so I must leave Canada within 90 days? if I don't leave in 90 days how will IRCC know I am in Canada?
If you check this and you have 90 days, you can try to admit another univ in 90 days. - so within 90 days I have to take admission in another Uni.? Will the new Uni. contact my existing Uni. (the Uni. which has banned me?) will it create any issue?
Why would you apply to other school when your current school only suspended you for a year? If I remember correctly you’d need to apply for a new study permit if you change your school/ programme. Not to mention that no good school would let you in when the semester has started already. Most people here aren’t immigration experts. Why not book an appointment with your school’s international student office? You’re still their student and they will assist you better.
For the illegal staying part. I’m no expert and I don’t know what visa they gave you at the border. But think about this, thousands of illegal immigrants/ undocumented persons live in Canada. Unless you break some laws or trying to apply government ID. IRCC is not going spend time to track you down and deport you. It’s just going to make your future study permit/PR application complicated.

As12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I think the new univ does not contact the old universiry. You should just apply the üniv and admit. It is non of new univ's job to contact your old üniv. I think of course.

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
If OP has less GPA, then difficult to get admission in another college. And difficult to get study visa approved next time. Only a valid reason like medical or something can help. Better to check with lawyers