+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bank statemnt or savings?

tariq3267

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
hello all,
My father is going to sponsor me fr the studies in canada but he do nt has a running bnk statemnt as he is an ex-army officer..he has enuf savings in different financial institutes of which he can provide me letters mentioning the amount saved against his name..wil it work fr me?
My mother has her salary acount as she is a teacher... she has mre than 35lakhs in her acount...i wil also attach her statement as a supporting sponsor but wil embsy ask me to proof frm where she get 35lakh?
Plz help

s.a.bajwa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
tariq3267 said:
hello all,
My father is going to sponsor me fr the studies in canada but he do nt has a running bnk statemnt as he is an ex-army officer..he has enuf savings in different financial institutes of which he can provide me letters mentioning the amount saved against his name..wil it work fr me?
My mother has her salary acount as she is a teacher... she has mre than 35lakhs in her acount...i wil also attach her statement as a supporting sponsor but wil embsy ask me to proof frm where she get 35lakh?
Plz help
Savings Certificate can aslo be provided. Its Acceptable, but its better if you show the current account in a bank. and you can also attatch the savings certificate or letter with it as a supportive document.
Your Mothers account is perfect, I Don't wether the embassy will ask you for the proof or not, but its highly recommended that you give them the each and every detail that where did your mother got the money from. If she got her from a cheque or pay slip than show those pay slips aswell. Show some property aswell if you have, attach the sale deed and affidavits with it. DO take other opinions aswell.