+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statements

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Hello everyone.. my father-in-law's bank back home could not provide translation for all the bank statements that I am gonna enclose for my application, however they provided a letter (signed and stamped by the bank manager) saying:

“Declaration:

Upon request of XXXXX, account number XXXX, we hereby declare that such person is our client since July 1991, and has always demonstrated righteousness in his/her acts as well as moral and financial integrity.

We also certify that, presently, he/she maintains in his/hers current account the amount of USD 77.800,00 (United States Dollars)

This declaration does not constitute any bank guarantee.

Dated, signed and stamped.”

What are your thoughts on this everyone????

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Oh yeah, forgot to mention.. if this is enough, we are also enclosing the the past for months bank statements in portuguese + letter of financial support from him notarized..

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if it's notarized then it makes the case stronger. but they require the documents to be either in English or French and if it isn't then it should be translated into these languages by a certified person.

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Hi, thank you for replying.. as I said, he could NOT provide a translation for the bank statements, but got a letter from the bank, signed and stamped by the manager, in english stating what I posted in the first thread..

I am gonna attach the bank statements in portuguese anyway as I have the resources to translate them right now..
My question is if this bank declaration in english, signed and stamped by the manager would be enough along with his affidavit of financial support + the portuguese bank statements (which are basically just numbers)

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Talking about translations..

who could translate my bank statements for me? Cause I know they cost a fortune and right now, I can not afford it.. I saw different threads saying that a person that is not a family member can translate it, provide a notarized affidavit stating the translation is accurate and true and enclose the originals along.. is this correct???

canadavisa801

Jul 11, 2014
i am currenlty resident in dubai on workig visa and i want to go to canada for furthure study. i am not maintaning any bank balace overhere and want to show the bank balance of my father who is in my home country. will they accept the bank blance of my home contry if i apply from dubai.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocoduro said:
Talking about translations..

who could translate my bank statements for me? Cause I know they cost a fortune and right now, I can not afford it.. I saw different threads saying that a person that is not a family member can translate it, provide a notarized affidavit stating the translation is accurate and true and enclose the originals along.. is this correct???
You see there is no short cut to this issue. Whatever document u are presenting must either be in English or french. So if u want to translate u must notorized the translated version & before a lawyer do so s/he must ensure it is a correct translation. So what bank manager wrote cannot equate translation rather an addendum. Translation in this sense means word by word translation. If u fail to comply with any of procedures, u are making the job easier for VO to reject ur application. So pls follow the procedures to make ur case stronger.

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Sorry, I did not get what you said..

Because the letter that the manager signed is a letter that the Bank provides, already in English. And it is a pattern letter that they have and provide in cases like this. So are you saying that this letter has no value?

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocoduro said:
Sorry, I did not get what you said..

Because the letter that the manager signed is a letter that the Bank provides, already in English. And it is a pattern letter that they have and provide in cases like this. So are you saying that this letter has no value?
Is the value same with translation of detail by detail of bank statement as requested by canada? Pls do not let us confuse the member the more. Addendum is what i call the letter not saying it is valuable but it cannot take place of translation requested for.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry it is u I am directing the mail to. I am not saying the letter is not relevant but it cannot take place of translated bank statement. Pls try to make ur case stronger than seeking self help. That bank letter in place of translated version is a self help but it cannot help u. Try to follow procedure as canada requested.

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
ola1974, thank you so much for your help..

I shared those informations with my wife and we are gonna manage to get those bank statements translated and attach the bank letter as an extra proof of our financial capacity !!!

So on top of all the other required documentation, for financial support we are gonna include:

1) Letter of financial support from my father-in-law (notarized and in english)
2) his past 4 bank statements (translated)
3) Letter from his bank (as I posted above)
4) my past 4 bank statements (translated)
5) Letter from my bank (translated) --> it is very similar to his, provided by my bank manager..

How does this sound?

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Splendid! I think that is the only grey area that has been agitating ur mind and once it has been done perfectly u are good to go.

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
I really really appreciate all your help..
Life will definitely get only good things back to you for helping people like this =)
Have a great day !!!