+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statements - Will this work?

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Guys.. need some advice here..
I am based in Toronto and my bank in India will not give bank statements to someone else unless I sign an authorization letter and send it to someone in India. I can obviously do that, but that adds both time (approx 1 week) and cost.

What the bank has suggested: Download pdf statements from online banking, email to contact in India. The contact prints it and goes to the bank to get it stamped & signed. The bank has no problem with that.

Anyone done something like that?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
nurat said:
Guys.. need some advice here..
I am based in Toronto and my bank in India will not give bank statements to someone else unless I sign an authorization letter and send it to someone in India. I can obviously do that, but that adds both time (approx 1 week) and cost.

What the bank has suggested: Download pdf statements from online banking, email to contact in India. The contact prints it and goes to the bank to get it stamped & signed. The bank has no problem with that.

Anyone done something like that?
This is acceptable by CIC and Visa Offices as they are concerned with the genuine nature of the statement/contents itself, not its format. They can very well reconfirm the authenticity if they want, cheers.

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Download it here, get it notarized if you are too worried otherwise self attest.
if they have questions they can ask you to login again and print other copies.
if you want to quell any questions from them take print outs and get them notarized which means that a notary is attesting them to be true copies and since the notary is in Canada it actually adds more weight.

Also, check if your bank has a branch here in Canada.