+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statements - Will this work?

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Guys.. need some advice here..
I am based in Toronto and my bank in India will not give bank statements to someone else unless I sign an authorization letter and send it to someone in India. I can obviously do that, but that adds both time (approx 1 week) and cost.

What the bank has suggested: Download pdf statements from online banking, email to contact in India. The contact prints it and goes to the bank to get it stamped & signed. The bank has no problem with that.

Anyone done something like that?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not done this myself, but here is something that may work. Write a letter giving the person who you choose permission to access your bank account. Include their full name, Date of Birth and other biographical details so that the Bank can identify them.

Get the letter notarized and as long as it has the official notary seal the bank should have no problems accepting this.

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nurat said:
I am based in Toronto and my bank in India will not give bank statements to someone else unless I sign an authorization letter and send it to someone in India. I can obviously do that, but that adds both time (approx 1 week) and cost.

What the bank has suggested: Download pdf statements from online banking, email to contact in India. The contact prints it and goes to the bank to get it stamped & signed. The bank has no problem with that.
This should be very much acceptable. Make sure you submit those originals as part of applicarion package. Alternatively, you can get a single pdf generated for last 6 month statement and get your contact have them signed & sealed from bank.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
nurat said:

Cant you order bank statements by post?

I am sure your account in bank is associated with an address - order statements online to be delivered home? or order by phone?

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
I don't think they would allow anybody else other than yourself to get the printed PDFs signed unless you drop an email to the corresponding branch manager / higher management and then call them up to authorize one of your family members / friends to act on your behalf. You can give that a shot.