Bank Statements Issue

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
My previous visa application (SEP 2016 intake) was refused due to the main reason for the lack of funds for studying in my desired course without working in Canada. Now I want to apply for the January intake 2017 and got almost everything ready I just have some confusions.
-My college fees is about 13000CAD for a year and my whole course consists of 6 semesters (3 years + 1 additional year for degree (Optional)).
1) My father's bank statement is about ($55,000CAD) in Pakistan in his account.
2) He also gave me some amount about ($35,000CAD) as fixed in my bank account in Pakistan. (My account has only incoming transactions to the account). (I have opened this account about a week ago).
3) I have two siblings, both are doing PhD in Pakistan (Both are also dependent on my father as they are single and studying).
After discussing it with some consultants I found two different opinions for my situation,
1) One consultant says that we should apply my case with the both statements (Me + my father's) as a proof of my funds during my study in Canada, and the fixed amount in my account shows that my father has given me the money for my education in separate account from his personal one (He is a business man and the money goes up and down in his account), so that money in my account is just for my study ( as my previous visa was refused for lack of showing funds). And from his own account my father manages the expanses for his business as well as the study of my siblings.
2) The other consultant have different opinion from the first one as he advised us to apply with the only statement of my father as the visa officer might think that having money in my own seperate account makes me independent of my father which I am not (my father basically supported me since my birth till now in all matters of life including financial and others) so he will refuse my application and other thing is that my account was opened only a week ago and the embassy needs atleast 4 months back statement for proof of funds.

Thanks for your time to read this and I hope you guys will reply me with good suggestions & advise me better.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can you please share your previous financial proofs you have provided in last application?

in my opinion, first suggestion is more strong than the other. If you provide only your bank statement which shows first year's tution fees + 10,000CAD, with explanation that from where you got this money, it would be fine.( give explanation that this money is from your father which proves you are dependent on him) but your father's statement will also include more points towards your favor.

but if you can increase your statement which covers whole period of your stay that will be good. As their requirement is the availability of only first year's funds but in many cases VO considers all outcomes like, if you do not find job there to pay your fees or expenses, your father may not give you more funds in future due to any reason, etc

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
aman666 said:
can you please share your previous financial proofs you have provided in last application?

in my opinion, first suggestion is more strong than the other. If you provide only your bank statement which shows first year's tution fees + 10,000CAD, with explanation that from where you got this money, it would be fine.( give explanation that this money is from your father which proves you are dependent on him) but your father's statement will also include more points towards your favor.

but if you can increase your statement which covers whole period of your stay that will be good. As their requirement is the availability of only first year's funds but in many cases VO considers all outcomes like, if you do not find job there to pay your fees or expenses, your father may not give you more funds in future due to any reason, etc
Thanks for your time and effort for replying.

The documents for proof of funds which I attached in my previous application were
1- Bank Statement of my Father about $45,000CAD.
2- Documents for the properties registered to my father's name.
I only have one question that If we apply with both statements, my account is just opened recently (about 10-12 days ago) but the embassy demand atleast 4 months back bank statement. Can you also advise me how should I show the visa officer about my ties in my home country as I am just a student right now and just have a bank account to my name.

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talhaixlam said:
Thanks for your time and effort for replying.

The documents for proof of funds which I attached in my previous application were
1- Bank Statement of my Father about $45,000CAD.
2- Documents for the properties registered to my father's name.
I only have one question that If we apply with both statements, my account is just opened recently (about 10-12 days ago) but the embassy demand atleast 4 months back bank statement. Can you also advise me how should I show the visa officer about my ties in my home country as I am just a student right now and just have a bank account to my name.
yes you have to show at least 4 months' bank statement,, your ties in home country includes, family, job opportunities available, family business etc

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
aman666 said:
yes you have to show at least 4 months' bank statement,, your ties in home country includes, family, job opportunities available, family business etc
But the problem is that I have just opened my bank account (about 10-12days ago). and What do you mean by opportunities in my home country?. Can I show my account as It has fixed amount for only my study and my father just made this decision before applying the visa appliciation?.

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talhaixlam said:
But the problem is that I have just opened my bank account (about 10-12days ago). and What do you mean by opportunities in my home country?. Can I show my account as It has fixed amount for only my study and my father just made this decision before applying the visa appliciation?.
yeah that's the problem,,, i dont think they will consider your bank statement because there is only two requirements of bank statement, 1 is required amount and 2 is minimum period which is 4 months.

job opportunities means if you belongs to a country where unemployment is an issue then VO can refuse you visa with this comment, "I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU WOULD LEAVE CANADA AFTER PROPOSED STUDIES BECAUSE THERE IS NO JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY"

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
:-[
aman666 said:
yeah that's the problem,,, i dont think they will consider your bank statement because there is only two requirements of bank statement, 1 is required amount and 2 is minimum period which is 4 months.

job opportunities means if you belongs to a country where unemployment is an issue then VO can refuse you visa with this comment, "I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU WOULD LEAVE CANADA AFTER PROPOSED STUDIES BECAUSE THERE IS NO JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY"
Thank-You, thats cleared the lots of confusion. I should apply with my father's statement only. Can you just tell that is it compulsory for the bank statement for 4 months back atleast? (I mean is that a legitimate rule)

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talhaixlam said:
:-[
Thank-You, thats cleared the lots of confusion. I should apply with my father's statement only. Can you just tell that is it compulsory for the bank statement for 4 months back atleast? (I mean is that a legitimate rule)
dear how would you proof that your father's statement is enough for you and his other dependents as well?

please visit this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:
your bank statements for the past four months;
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money

these 3 points apply on you

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
aman666 said:
dear how would you proof that your father's statement is enough for you and his other dependents as well?

please visit this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:
your bank statements for the past four months;
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money

these 3 points apply on you
Actually my Father has the valid Canadian Visitor Visa and want me to study in Canada so he can visit me and stay with me whenever he want, and he do not want to send me anywhere alone. My father have some friends in Canada who will give me the letter for support If I need. (If my father fail to support the expanses of my education) But I think this will become the reason for the family ties in my home country and canada and may my application will be refused. My account is just opened two weeks ago and it has about $35,000CAD in it but it is all in vain as I cannot attach the bank statement of mine because it is not 4 months back. On the other hand my father's account have about $53,000CAD and have 4 months back statement but this will rise the question of how my father will support me and my other siblings who are doing PhD both?
If I show that my father has the sources of income for about 3Lacks PKR per month then he can easily bear all my education expenses then will VO be satisfied?