+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement

DavehM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with American banks for proof of funds? Do they give average balance over the past 6 month or the equivalent balance in CAD?

Regards

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with American banks for proof of funds? Do they give average balance over the past 6 month or the equivalent balance in CAD?

Regards
The major US banks give a standard format. Just ask them for a reference letter with a 6 month average balance, you should get it in a week depending on the bank.
Also, You don't need the equivalent balance in CAD. Just the USD amount is good enough.

DavehM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
I contacted them, and they only provide a Verification of Deposit. The verification information can include:

Account Type
Account Status
Account Holders
Current Account Balance
Account Open Date
Current Interest Rate
Two Months Average Balance

I assume this will not be sufficient. What else I can do to make sure the statement is acceptable to them?

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
I contacted them, and they only provide a Verification of Deposit. The verification information can include:

Account Type
Account Status
Account Holders
Current Account Balance
Account Open Date
Current Interest Rate
Two Months Average Balance

I assume this will not be sufficient. What else I can do to make sure the statement is acceptable to them?
What bank is this?

hrimbalib

Nov 8, 2019
My bank did not wrote the average balance. But they wrote all the other details like, opening date, the accounts IBAN numbers, the current amounts in each accounts...etc . The fact that they did not wrote the average could be an issue?

Regards

DavehM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
You could always attach the statements for 6 months and explain that the bank does not provide the 6 month average balance in your LOE.
Also, could point them to this link in your LOE

https://www.usbank.com/bank-accounts/verification-of-deposit-contacts-fees.html

I had done that with my foreign account, worked ok.
So I will provide them with the verification of deposit from the bank as well as the bank statement from the past 6 months. This should suffice, shouldn't it?

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
So I will provide them with the verification of deposit from the bank as well as the bank statement from the past 6 months. This should suffice, shouldn't it?
Ideally, it should if you explain that in your LOE. The thing is that you need to prove that you don't have large deposits in your account, your monthly statements should prove that instead of the average balance.

My application had that problem with the POF and a similar one with Work xp letter (No salary mentioned - So attached my pay stubs, Comp letters etc.).
Both cases, I submitted supplementary documents with proper explanation in the LOE and I got my COPR recently without any additional review.
Worst case, you may get an ADR for additional documents, but submitting this shouldn't cause a straight rejection - unless you are misrepresenting something.

Edit: About the large deposit part, for a sudden increase in the balance, again you can explain that with gift deed or any other proof like breaking your 401(k) or whatever. As long as you have a valid reason for it and you can prove that the money is yours and you don't need to return that later.

Last edited: