+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statement

nunu

Jun 27, 2009
Hi everyone:
can i submit two months bank statement with my visitor visa application to provide proof of funds for my stay in Canada or
is there any mininum number of months requirement for bank statement?

please advice.
Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
nunu said:
Hi everyone:
can i submit two months bank statement with my visitor visa application to provide proof of funds for my stay in Canada or

please advice.
Thanks
You can send as many as you like (or none at all). Just remember that sending 3 months is advisable and has proven to be part of succesful applications. It all depends on your specifics.

dilanchamara

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-22-2013
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
Interview........
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
nunu said:
Hi everyone:

please advice.
Thanks
Hi,
They prefer 6 months but. Most people borrow money from friend or family and deposit it in their account for 1-2 months and apply visa. ( I know few people who got visit visa even though they had their money in the bank for 10-20 days). Only thing immigration consider is how strong is ur ties to ur backhome..

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Hi Seniors,

i am landed immigrant, came to Canada last year. I am going to apply TRV for my parents but have some questions. CIC recently included a new checklist on their website for Pakistani applicant which has certain requirement such as,

1. Parents visiting your children must provide the most recent copy of your child’s Income Tax Notice of Assessment pages 2 and 3 and a T4 information slip.

Question: I recently submitted my tax return in Canada for year 2014 first time so the tax Notice of assessment will take two months to receive. Now what should i do, should I only include t4?

2. A bank statement covering the last twelve months and showing the balance of the
account.

Question: Now what happens if I submit the 6 months bank statement showing the required amount? will this be an issue? Problem is that my mother has the required amount as a starting balance but the she the gave it to her relative who returned the money back after 6 months so the money is showing in her account since last six months. should we mention this in cover letter?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
kamee79 said:
2. A bank statement covering the last twelve months and showing the balance of the
account.

Question: Now what happens if I submit the 6 months bank statement showing the required amount? will this be an issue? Problem is that my mother has the required amount as a starting balance but the she the gave it to her relative who returned the money back after 6 months so the money is showing in her account since last six months. should we mention this in cover letter?
If the new CIC checklist for Pakistan applicants requests for 12 months' bank statements then you'll have to provide the same.

Did your mom give the money to her relative as a bank transfer or she issued a cheque in the name of the relative? Also, how did her relative repay the money? If it was through bank transfers/cheques then you can provide bank statements + highlight these transactions to substantiate her claims.... and mention this in the 'Funds for visit' explanation.

If these were cash transactions then you'll have to provide some other evidence so that it does not appear that the money was recently deposited in her account for the purpose of the visa.... even though it is her money

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Actually I borrowed this amount from her when I was coming to Canada to complete my landing process last year then after six months I started transfer the amount into her account from my account. I wasn't a bank to bank transfer but the account statements depicts that amount is credited and debited which make sense.

Should I mention this in cover letter? or will they be confused? or should I not mention this because she had the amount as a starting balance in her statement.

Bryanna said:
If the new CIC checklist for Pakistan applicants requests for 12 months' bank statements then you'll have to provide the same.

Did your mom give the money to her relative as a bank transfer or she issued a cheque in the name of the relative? Also, how did her relative repay the money? If it was through bank transfers/cheques then you can provide bank statements + highlight these transactions to substantiate her claims.... and mention this in the 'Funds for visit' explanation.

If these were cash transactions then you'll have to provide some other evidence so that it does not appear that the money was recently deposited in her account for the purpose of the visa.... even though it is her money

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
kamee79 said:
Actually I borrowed this amount from her when I was coming to Canada to complete my landing process last year then after six months I started transfer the amount into her account from my account. I wasn't a bank to bank transfer but the account statements depicts that amount is credited and debited which make sense.

Should I mention this in cover letter? or will they be confused? or should I not mention this because she had the amount as a starting balance in her statement.
It's always best to be honest.... but do so briefly without putting your personal financial situation under the scanner.... give a credible explanation with evidence (for eg: match amounts withdrawn from your bank account to her bank deposits)..... there are situations when children borrow money from their parents (akin to soft loans or interest-free loans)

In fact, as your mom had this money well before you landed, you may want to provide bank statements going back even 1.5 years to show that she had the money well before the 12 months' request by CIC.... and prove she had only loaned/gifted it to you

Cheers :)