+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement of less than 6 months

Siddiquis

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Hello,

I will be having the required funds (for Ontario PNP) in my bank account at the end of this month. I am expecting ECA at the end of March 2016, I have taken my IELTS exam and my anticipated CRS is 417, i may likely to get PT from Ontario (as my friend from the same profession and CRS got). I wonder if it is mandatory that the statement should be "6 months old" maintained?

After PT/ITA the proof of funds are immediately required, i am afraid of going in the pool because of that. Please enlighten me.

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
Siddiquis said:
Hello,

I will be having the required funds (for Ontario PNP) in my bank account at the end of this month. I am expecting ECA at the end of March 2016, I have taken my IELTS exam and my anticipated CRS is 417, i may likely to get PT from Ontario (as my friend from the same profession and CRS got). I wonder if it is mandatory that the statement should be "6 months old" maintained?

After PT/ITA the proof of funds are immediately required, i am afraid of going in the pool because of that. Please enlighten me.

If its not "6 months old"

For OINP. You may have to provide a letter of explanation reg source of funds and related documents(Gift deed, credit and debit transaction statements/deposit slips). You have to prove those funds are unencumbered.

By the time you get your OINP nomination followed by ITA. You will meet the 6 months criteria for CIC.

There is a separate thread regarding this http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-express-entry-t263315.570.html were questions related to POF are discussed in more detail.

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siddiquis said:
Hello,

Please make sure you have required documents per OINP application guide sorted out before you get into the EE pool. Refer above thread for POF. Good luck!!

Siddiquis

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
I live in Qatar, its my own money, few months before i transfered it to my brother's account in Pakistan by "exchange". I wanted to open an account in my country for the same immigration reason, but i was unware of this proof thing. Now i somehow managed to get the money returned in my account here in Doha, but the problem is that I have to retain the some for 6 months to make effective. Please suggest.

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siddiquis said:
I live in Qatar, its my own money, few months before i transfered it to my brother's account in Pakistan by "exchange". I wanted to open an account in my country for the same immigration reason, but i was unware of this proof thing. Now i somehow managed to get the money returned in my account here in Doha, but the problem is that I have to retain the some for 6 months to make effective. Please suggest.
No it's not mandatory to keep it for 6 months. If you can provide an explanation around same in your LOE substantiated by relevant supporting documents, it should be fine.

Siddiquis

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
I do not have the bank transfer reciepts, i have slips of Exchange (the way you normally send money from middle east)

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
Siddiquis said:
I do not have the bank transfer reciepts, i have slips of Exchange (the way you normally send money from middle east)
Option 1: If u have slips for both in and out transactions, then get a letter from your brother saying, that he has returned the money borrowed/sent by you. Explain all this is in LoE.

Again, Visa Officer assessing your app have to be convinced. In my opinion he may not.

Option 2: Approach followed by many of us here (including myself). You can submit a "Gift deed" from your brother, saying its just a gift and not a loan. An LoE along with the transaction slip from the exchange and statement of your account.

i followed the second approach and i was successful.

Good luck :)

Siddiquis

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Thanks for your replies, My ECA will take 2 months, onwards perhaps if i get PT Ontario i will have 45 days to reply. So in total i have inevitable wait for atleast three months, what if i delay it three more months to get it straight away? Please suggest

Siddiquis

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
I am talking about my Salary account here in Doha, Qatar. I can maintain it starting from the end of this month.

khabkhab

Aug 2, 2014
Lahore-Pakistan
Visa Office......
Lahore-Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct. 2014
Med's Request
14 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
Up-front
VISA ISSUED...
31 Dec. 2014
LANDED..........
9 Jan 2015
Hey, Can you share the content of your gift deed here or PM me. I'll be thankful!

krsenthilkumaran said:
Option 1: If u have slips for both in and out transactions, then get a letter from your brother saying, that he has returned the money borrowed/sent by you. Explain all this is in LoE.

Again, Visa Officer assessing your app have to be convinced. In my opinion he may not.

Option 2: Approach followed by many of us here (including myself). You can submit a "Gift deed" from your brother, saying its just a gift and not a loan. An LoE along with the transaction slip from the exchange and statement of your account.

i followed the second approach and i was successful.

Good luck :)