+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement Increasing Exchange Rate

ahmedsaeed01

Mar 2, 2015
Hi,

I received an ITA in April this year and applied on May 23rd. The problem is my country is going through a rough economic patch and there is an unusual and exponential depreciation of our currency for the past month. I had to show a bank statement of 19390. For this i converted the cash and even added a buffer to cater for the depreciation.

However, the problem is that it is still going up every day and from 113 CAD to PKR its has today gone up to 122, which seems unreal. I have tried maintaining the balance but this is getting out of hand now.

I consulted a consultant and he said when applying to mention this in the cover letter, which I did. Now he is saying that they will consider this. However, I am worried now because I have all the basics covered and even scored a very high IELTS score of 8.5. But now this is the only hitch left and am really worried.

Can anyone guide me on this.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi,

I received an ITA in April this year and applied on May 23rd. The problem is my country is going through a rough economic patch and there is an unusual and exponential depreciation of our currency for the past month. I had to show a bank statement of 19390. For this i converted the cash and even added a buffer to cater for the depreciation.

However, the problem is that it is still going up every day and from 113 CAD to PKR its has today gone up to 122, which seems unreal. I have tried maintaining the balance but this is getting out of hand now.

I consulted a consultant and he said when applying to mention this in the cover letter, which I did. Now he is saying that they will consider this. However, I am worried now because I have all the basics covered and even scored a very high IELTS score of 8.5. But now this is the only hitch left and am really worried.

Can anyone guide me on this.

Immigration officer will consider the current exchange rate at the time they assess your application, if due to whatever reason your money is below the minimum required then you are in trouble. You can add more funds and submit a new bank statement through CSE

ahmedsaeed01

Mar 2, 2015
Hi the problem is I just checked it has risen to 125. How can I keep on creating new bank statements? this is become worrisome now.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Hi the problem is I just checked it has risen to 125. How can I keep on creating new bank statements? this is become worrisome now.
I think the best way to handle the situation would be to put in an estimated "buffer" amount.

If your money in PKR today is let's say 10, add another 3.

No other way to cater for inflation I guess.

P.S - The tremors of an incapable / inexperienced "tabdeeli" team are felt by everyone.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Another option I can suggest is to open a foreign currency account in USD and park your money there. That would surely be a more convenient solution to cover inflation.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Hi,

Your consultant did not guide you properly. :)

ahmedsaeed01

Mar 2, 2015
Immigration officer will consider the current exchange rate at the time they assess your application, if due to whatever reason your money is below the minimum required then you are in trouble. You can add more funds and submit a new bank statement through CSE
Hi if I issue a new bank statement after depositing extra, won't they object on the sudden influx of extra money into the account?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi if I issue a new bank statement after depositing extra, won't they object on the sudden influx of extra money into the account?
Of they will. You need to provide source of funds like gift deed, sale deed etc too

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Try and check locally if any bank would accept USD/CAD currency locally for bank account; for ex : you purchase USD/CAD for the required POF and park it locally, by doing this you don't feel the daily exchange fluctuations,.

ahmedsaeed01

Mar 2, 2015
Hi I deposited another amount to the bank and took out another bank statement. however when I go to the application I don't see an option to upload another statement. The options section is blank.