yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Has anyone here requested a bank statement from BOA for Proof of Funds?

If so, can you tell me how to raise this request?

I have been searching on the website for a really long time and there is no way to contact customer care via email to request this statement.

I don't live in the US so its not going to be possible for me to visit the local branch and request this.

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
You must be getting online statement for your account, cant you use those?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Check online banking. There's statements there.

Second option is to call their customer service number and request printed copies of statements mailed to you.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And be careful if you're using online statements. Someone got rejected because they just sent in online statements which weren't stamped/signed by the bank personnel. Not sure if they were turned back by CIC or MCIIT though.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
And be careful if you're using online statements. Someone got rejected because they just sent in online statements which weren't stamped/signed by the bank personnel. Not sure if they were turned back by CIC or MCIIT though.
In some programs, they additionally ask for a Bank certification Letter along with online statement. This letter will be issued in a Bank letter head/ or with their seal and signature - and would have the account holder name, address, type of account, account opening date and average balance in account for 6 months/1 year. This needs to be requested either at the Bank directly or in their customer service numbers. They only send it as a physical copy to your mail and hence please factor in the extra 5 to 7 days of time that is required to get this letter.

KB83

Apr 5, 2015
I did it, you can go to any of their branch and make a request to write anything ( you will be charged for it if you are not a preferred member ). It takes about 5 business day to get you letter in mail.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Thanks everyone. Based on your comments I contacted BOA and requested them for a letter that indicates my average balance for last 6 months across all my accounts , my account opening date and my current account balance.

I will also attach PDFs of my online bank statements.

BOA said they would be happy to issue me such a letter, and they are willing to send it across electronically as well.

I just was having trouble getting through to the right customer care person.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Yogigal. How long will it take for you to get it electronically?
Also, how did you contact them? I am in the same position as you. I am in India and can't go to their local branch and talk with them directly.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
okbangaram said:
Yogigal. How long will it take for you to get it electronically?
Also, how did you contact them? I am in the same position as you. I am in India and can't go to their local branch and talk with them directly.
Call them. The request is completed in 48 hours and they send it electronically.

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Do we need the bank to sign and stamp all the statements from previous 6 months ? or can I take one certified letter from the bank and add online statements to it ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddevil666 said:
Do we need the bank to sign and stamp all the statements from previous 6 months ? or can I take one certified letter from the bank and add online statements to it ?
CIC doesn't ask for bank statements at all. Attach them only if you think CIC would have any reasons to suspect that your funds could be encumbered.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Thanks yogigal. Called them up and they patiently listened to the requirements and told me they will send it to me in 24 hrs to 48 hrs.
When I chatted with customer support they said its not possible to send electronically.

KB83

Apr 5, 2015
Why do you even want to deal with customer care ? just go to any local branch and you dont have to worry about it.

rahul_im4u001

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
US Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Hi all, for people who have shown their US bank account balance as proof of fund, does the certificate need to show the balance in CAD. I have funds in BOA account and they have standard format for the account certificate which shows average balance in USD.

Also, BOA doesnt provide any seal/attest the funds certificate. Will it still be accepted? Seniors kindly comment