+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bank statement for financial support for visit visa

farhan_khan

Jan 25, 2018
i am applying visit visa for my father and mother inlaws. As per checklist generate, i have been asked for 4 month statement. My father and mother in law as joint account with his son so they able to withdraw fund by his son, so statement is under all three names . Now they open new account (only with father and mother in law ) name and transferred money to this new account. can i submit 2 months statement for this account and rest 2 months from old account showing thier name and son. the challenge is they want to visit around Aug in summer. if i wait for 4 months to have statement with new account only under thier name , it will be too late. do you think its ok to submit 2 statement showing 4 months period . last two months only under thier name and first two months with their name + son,

your response really appreciate in this regard

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
i am applying visit visa for my father and mother inlaws. As per checklist generate, i have been asked for 4 month statement.
Four months is the general guide. It is best to submit bank statements that go back even 6-10 months if it helps to prove that the funds belong to the applicant.

My father and mother in law as joint account with his son so they able to withdraw fund by his son, so statement is under all three names . Now they open new account (only with father and mother in law ) name and transferred money to this new account. can i submit 2 months statement for this account and rest 2 months from old account showing thier name and son.
It was not necessary to create a new bank account. Your in-laws could have simply submitted the bank statement of the original account + a Letter of financial support from their son + a letter from the son allowing them to use X amount of the bank balance to pay for their visit.

Opening a new bank account serves no purpose (and would possibly create confusion for their visa applications).... if they have not contributed any income/ deposits to that bank account i.e. if all the funds in the bank account are owned by the son.

Have your in-laws earned any of the funds?

the challenge is they want to visit around Aug in summer. if i wait for 4 months to have statement with new account only under thier name , it will be too late. do you think its ok to submit 2 statement showing 4 months period . last two months only under thier name and first two months with their name + son,
Best to wait until they can prove at least 4-5 months of stable bank balance without borrowing from anyone

farhan_khan

Jan 25, 2018
Four months is the general guide. It is best to submit bank statements that go back even 6-10 months if it helps to prove that the funds belong to the applicant.

It was not necessary to create a new bank account. Your in-laws could have simply submitted the bank statement of the original account + a Letter of financial support from their son + a letter from the son allowing them to use X amount of the bank balance to pay for their visit.

Opening a new bank account serves no purpose (and would possibly create confusion for their visa applications).... if they have not contributed any income/ deposits to that bank account i.e. if all the funds in the bank account are owned by the son.

Have your in-laws earned any of the funds?

Best to wait until they can prove at least 4-5 months of stable bank balance without borrowing from anyone

farhan_khan

Jan 25, 2018
all these money is my father in law money, actually for convenience , they just put name of his son , so they dont need to go every time to bank to withdrawal so they authorize him. Now based on alphabactical order , his name comes first along with my father in law and mother in law in statement. i checked with somebody he said , its better to have account only under this name , so they open account and transferring same amount to new account.

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
all these money is my father in law money, actually for convenience
Hello Farhan
I am not the expert but i have few suggestions.

a) Since all the money is of father in law, they should not have made another account! because short bank history is a weak point.
b) In my opinion join account also works. Since the son was also the account holder, the only better option was to take No Objection Certificate from the Son.
c) As you said the money is of father in law, in the visa application cover letter, apart from other things he better should mention about his source of income or what work was he doing earlier as proof about the savings in bank. This thing will also supplement his form imm 5257 Employment Section.
c) If father in law himself is paying for the visit, then i think letter of financial support is not required from son.
d) Showing 2 months bank statement will be a negative
d) If they have not transferred the money to new account, they should not!

Since they already made a big mistake and you are in a hurry to apply now the only weak solution in my view is that:
1) They should show the Statements of both the accounts. Of about 10 month to 1 year.
2) Attach some proof / evidence that this income in joint accounts was also his, by virtue of his employment or etc..