+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bank statement as proof of fund?

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Hi all,

I am about to land in two weeks time insha ALLAH, can I show our proof of fund as a bank statement from a local bank here in UAE in Dirham currency, or the IO will only accept bank drafts and traveller cheuque?.....

2- regarding filling the goods list and goods to follow?....
-do I have to provide the reciepts of all items even it is lost?.
- regarding gold, do i have to get an appriasal report and show how much it is worth? or only show photos? and is there any photo specification for the gold?
- we will carry some food cans and medicine for our infant?...is there some rules against this or requirements like filling forms or printing the infant name on those medicines?...

thanks all

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramzy2277 said:
Hi all,

I am about to land in two weeks time insha ALLAH, can I show our proof of fund as a bank statement from a local bank here in UAE in Dirham currency, or the IO will only accept bank drafts and traveller cheuque?.....

2- regarding filling the goods list and goods to follow?....
-do I have to provide the reciepts of all items even it is lost?.
- regarding gold, do i have to get an appriasal report and show how much it is worth? or only show photos? and is there any photo specification for the gold?
- we will carry some food cans and medicine for our infant?...is there some rules against this or requirements like filling forms or printing the infant name on those medicines?...

thanks all
Hi ramzy, you have my opinion about the POF already.
Regarding goods to follow you need to prepare B4 forms and get it stamped from CBSA while landing. You don't need any invoice or proof of purchase. Just list the items in group.

Abut jewelry, if your wife has a large quantity of gold or precious metal like diamonds, ruby, platinum etc make two pictures of that.Show to CBSA if asked. If she has only some ornaments for her casual or regular use, no need to list them individually and no need for pictures. Just tell the CBSA ( if asked) that she has some jewelry for party ware or casual ware, as the case may be. However, things are not so complicated and you will have a peaceful landing. Keep the Declaration forms served in the airplane, filled, and hand it over to the CBSA at the arrival hall of your Canadian port of entry.

Good luck for you and family.

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Mr.Wilson,

U r an angel, ur replies always are accurate and comforting......i forgot to mention do I have to fill the PR card application or the IO will do that for me,i already downloaded the form,its 5 paeges,so if the IO will fill it i think it will take time,so if I just prepare it without signing,will that be ok,another thing is that i read on the CIC if i carry more than 10,0004 I have to declare it to the CBSA officer,is that amount in cash only or any other financial form like DD or TC for example i will carry 8 $ as cash and around 10,000$ in DD or TC,i am asking becuz i also read if i have more than 10,000$ i have to fill a form ( E667 ), i already downloaded that form,so shall I fill it in advance as well

many thanks to your Wilson.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ramzy, you are welcome.

1. You ( or any new immigrant) need not prepare and sign another application form for PR Card. Your's and wife's COPR itself will serve the purpose. You need to sign the COPR, with any change in your Canadian contact address, in front of the Immigration officer. Disregard the downloaded form.

2. If your total funds taking to Canada is over CAD 10,000/- you MUST declare it. If you have downloaded the form, keep it prepared and hand it over to the CBSA. They will not verify the cash and DD/TC/cheque. You can also declare it on the "Declaration form" served on the airplane before landing in Canada.

Please note that the declaration will not affect you any way.