+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank of America refuses to provide letters with average balances, they can only stamp my statements. Is this enough?

Endriking

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am about to submit my application after ITA but my bank does not provide letters. I have tried in a few locations and they do not do that, the only thing they can do is stamp my statements. Will that be enough? I cannot see how a letter from someone working at the bank and writing a letter that states balances can be better than stamped statements.

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am about to submit my application after ITA but my bank does not provide letters. I have tried in a few locations and they do not do that, the only thing they can do is stamp my statements. Will that be enough? I cannot see how a letter from someone working at the bank and writing a letter that states balances can be better than stamped statements.
I don't know why Bofa is refusing to provide you letter with an average balance. I just got mine last month. I went to the bank and one of their employees sent an email for me. He did it in his system so I don't know to which email address he sent this email requesting the bank letter. This letter shows 12 months' deposits, current balance, and average 12-month balance. However, it will not show anything related to your credit account. So, I attached the latest credit account statement showing zero balance for the credit account. The bank employee also informed me that we can also request this letter by calling customer service. I would suggest you to call customer service and tell them that you need this letter for your immigration application and they will order it on your behalf. You will receive this letter within 3-5 working days in your email if you have paperless statements settings.

Endriking

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
I don't know why Bofa is refusing to provide you letter with an average balance. I just got mine last month. I went to the bank and one of their employees sent an email for me. He did it in his system so I don't know to which email address he sent this email requesting the bank letter. This letter shows 12 months' deposits, current balance, and average 12-month balance. However, it will not show anything related to your credit account. So, I attached the latest credit account statement showing zero balance for the credit account. The bank employee also informed me that we can also request this letter by calling customer service. I would suggest you to call customer service and tell them that you need this letter for your immigration application and they will order it on your behalf. You will receive this letter within 3-5 working days in your email if you have paperless statements settings.
thank you for letting me know, yes they did tell me to call support

i called them and they said they’ll send it in 3-5 business days but again, statements.
I am glad I know someone has done it and if can be done.
I am being shut down by the employees there at the bank. Maybe I have to try harder since you got it there.

yeah, the office cannot do anything about credit.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Not BoA but I had similar experience in the UK with Barclays and Lloyds bank. I asked one employee and was told that they cannot provide a letter, just stamped statement. Few days later spoke to another person and got a letter without any issues. He did say actually that it depends who you'll talk to - a lot of employees will refuse to do it as it's not a 'standard procedure' and there's no template letter for it.