+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank of America letter

IndiaToCanada91

Aug 17, 2018
hi
I got an ITA and for proof of funds I am going to show my Bank of America account. Does anyone know the procedure to get the banker confirmation letter ? I am in india and cannot visit any branches

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
You can call them up and they'll be happy to help but they can only provide the letter via mail to a US address. It took them about a week or so to mail the letter. Can you give them a friend's address so they can scan and send the letter to you? Make sure that they understand the requirements because their default response is to download the last 6 months statements from your online account which is not what we really require.

bhu1990

Jun 26, 2018
kansas city
Category........
FSW
Call BOA on the number behind Debit / Credit card. Ask them for letter with 6 month average. It will take around 10 days. They can mail it to your Indian address aswell. I got my letter for BOA last week and as I am travelling India next monday, they did confirmed that if I fail to receive letter within time before travel, they can mail it to Indian Address.

IndiaToCanada91

Aug 17, 2018
Ok, this is really my bad, but my submission date is on the 24th. Is there a chance they will email me? I do not have that many days left. My initial plan was to have a gift deed for the specified amount but my consultant said that gift deeds are not accepted, so I had to scramble to get the American account details

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Ok, this is really my bad, but my submission date is on the 24th. Is there a chance they will email me? I do not have that many days left. My initial plan was to have a gift deed for the specified amount but my consultant said that gift deeds are not accepted, so I had to scramble to get the American account details
I think you should call up and ask.

bhu1990

Jun 26, 2018
kansas city
Category........
FSW
Certainly you can try explaining your situation, but they denied me for email copy.

IndiaToCanada91

Aug 17, 2018
Certainly you can try explaining your situation, but they denied me for email copy.
Yep. I called them, they said it will take from 4 to 16 days and no email copies will be given. I do not know what to do for proof of funds now. I have taken a FD for 6 Lakhs from my indian account, and I need to show the remaining amount

bhu1990

Jun 26, 2018
kansas city
Category........
FSW
Yep. I called them, they said it will take from 4 to 16 days and no email copies will be given. I do not know what to do for proof of funds now. I have taken a FD for 6 Lakhs from my indian account, and I need to show the remaining amount
Gift deed is still an option for you. Last year my cousin did showed POF as gift deed and it didn't created any problem.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Do you have a 401K account? You could show a 6-month statement of that account. If I was in your shoes I would call up bank of america a couple of times and insist again. If they could send you a letter or email saying it would take about 2 weeks to send the 6 month avg balance letter, that would also be helpful.

You can submit 6-month bank statements + an LOE explaining the situation clearly that you tried your best to contact BOA and they've assured you that the letter should arrive soon.

Sorry, I don't know what else to suggest to you.

Reactions: bhu1990

bhu1990

Jun 26, 2018
kansas city
Category........
FSW
explorerCA suggested the best possible solution, submit 6 months bank statement with LOE explaining your situation. As long as you have enough funds, I think it wouldn't create any problem.

Good luck with your application.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
hi
I got an ITA and for proof of funds I am going to show my Bank of America account. Does anyone know the procedure to get the banker confirmation letter ? I am in india and cannot visit any branches
You only need to submit your online statements. That is sufficient enough. Thats what I did and it was accepted without any issue. Just make sure you save it in PDF format and in color.