18-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2017
Hi guys,

I am a EE Outland applicant (Saudi Arabia) and have a question regarding the POF requirement. I had requested my bank to provide me the bank letter as per CIC requirement but what they have provided me is a letter only with my name, account number, balance in USD and addressed to Canadian embassy.

The problem is that the letter is on plain paper not letterhead (only stamped), no contact details are mentioned, date of account opening is not mentioned.

In addition to this I am submitting 10 month bank statement (on letterhead & signed) and 2 month credit card statement.

Will this be acceptable by CIC?

rohanr

Mar 26, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Med's Done....
21-06-2017
You have mentioned the right deficiencies in the bank's letter. The letterhead and date of opening are important for CIC. You should visit the bank and make them a request to provide you a new letter with right details.

Good luck!

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
ur bank statement will have ur account no details and the letter they gave u on white paper might have d same account no. Club it with an LOE explaining why d bank is refusing to give s letter in format.

Nevertheless first option is to go personally and convince them once again with ur genuine cause

good luck mate

Letitgo

Mar 31, 2018
Hi guys,

I am a EE Outland applicant (Saudi Arabia) and have a question regarding the POF requirement. I had requested my bank to provide me the bank letter as per CIC requirement but what they have provided me is a letter only with my name, account number, balance in USD and addressed to Canadian embassy.

The problem is that the letter is on plain paper not letterhead (only stamped), no contact details are mentioned, date of account opening is not mentioned.

In addition to this I am submitting 10 month bank statement (on letterhead & signed) and 2 month credit card statement.

Will this be acceptable by CIC?
What did you finally do and what was the outcome?