+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Certification Letter Template?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Does CIC specify what exactly they are expecting to see in a "bank certification letter for immigration purposes" from your bank?

The reason I ask this is I have come to realize that some banks don't even know what a "bank certification letter for immigration purposes" is.

I recently had to explain to a bank employee what "bank certification letter for immigration purposes" is......but what was worst, was I had to be telling him what is to be written in the letter:

(a) Account number
(b) Current balance
(c) Date account opened
(d) Date the letter was generated
(e) Bank's seal/stamp
(f) etc, etc, etc......

I have seen a "bank letter" that also indicated the following:

(g) Average size of deposits/withdrawal
(h) Average Frequency of deposits/withdrawal
(i) Largest and lowest deposit/withdrawal
(j) Date of largest and smallest deposit/withdrawal

As you can see with the information in (g) to (h), that information will clearly indicate how the account is/was being used (since the account was opened)....for example , was it a dormant account and at the last minute someone deposited a lump some of money into it (so as to apply for FSWP).....or is this a "normal" account being utilized like how a "normal everyday" account would be used.

Does anyone have a template of a "bank certification letter" indicating specifically what is to be indicated in the letter? I need this info. so I can tell my bank what to write in the letter they are going to prepare for me (I don't want to leave it up to them to figure it out..... unfortunately they apparently don't have a "standard" bank letter that they would issue for immigration purposes).

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Usually a to f are included. g to h might be requested by a VO at a later stage, which can than be fulfilled by Bank Statement of last 6 months to 1 year. Right now, a couple lines would be enough..

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Date: xx-xx-xxxx

This is to certify that xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is a customer of XXXXXXXXXXX bank since xxxxx, 20xxx. He / She is maintaining a CURRENT / PLS / Savings account and has a balance of XXXXXXX as of today.

Sincerely,
PERSON WHO IS WRITING
Designation

Sign of the person, stamp
Sign of the Bank manager or Manager Customer Relations and stamp

Thats it.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
BTW, this goes on Bank's Letter Head.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
jigzyy said:
Usually a to f are included. g to h might be requested by a VO at a later stage, which can than be fulfilled by Bank Statement of last 6 months to 1 year. Right now, a couple lines would be enough..

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Date: xx-xx-xxxx

This is to certify that xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is a customer of XXXXXXXXXXX bank since xxxxx, 20xxx. He / She is maintaining a CURRENT / PLS / Savings account and has a balance of XXXXXXX as of today.

Sincerely,
PERSON WHO IS WRITING
Designation

Sign of the person, stamp
Sign of the Bank manager or Manager Customer Relations and stamp

Thats it.

I noticed above that you also made reference to "bank statement", I always thought that this was the same thing as the "bank certification letter". I have been using the term "bank certification letter" interchangeable with "bank statement".....I guess that is incorrect though, as they are apparently two different things.

From what you indicated above though, the "bank statement" is a more detailed account of you banking details/history.......while the "bank certification letter" is more like a summary confirming that you are customer of the bank and the value of your account ect,etc.

Is "bank certification letter" the term that CIC uses?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
donutbox said:
I noticed above that you also made reference to "bank statement", I always thought that this was the same thing as the "bank certification letter". I have been using the term "bank certification letter" interchangeable with "bank statement".....I guess that is incorrect though, as they are apparently two different things.

From what you indicated above though, the "bank statement" is a more detailed account of you banking details/history.......while the "bank certification letter" is more like a summary confirming that you are customer of the bank and the value of your account ect,etc.
Exactly. Bank Statement is complete data of all the transactions that you did in a particular time period. Bank Certification is the summary of the current balance and the confirmation that you are the customer.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
jigzyy said:
Exactly. Bank Statement is complete data of all the transactions that you did in a particular time period. Bank Certification is the summary of the current balance and the confirmation that you are the customer.
Can you say which does CIC refer to, "bank statement" or "bank certification letter" (like I said, I was always thinking they were the same)?

(Maybe this is why my bank didn't really understand what I was requesting from them)

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Bank Certification Letter.

Actually, the Checklist states, that you can either send Bank Statement, Bank Certification or any other proof that could actually tell that you have required balance. But usually, Bank Certification is sent to CIO as its easier and serves the purpose.. Most of the times, VO at the local CHC does not asks for the Bank Statement, but if he thinks, that a person has not "high income", and still manages to show over 10k CAD in savings, so than he can ask for detailed Statements to clarify his doubts. He might need proofs for high volume credit [if the whole balance got added in 1 go], like if property is sold, or borrowed by someone or any other means..

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
jigzyy said:
Bank Certification Letter.

Actually, the Checklist states, that you can either send Bank Statement, Bank Certification or any other proof that could actually tell that you have required balance. But usually, Bank Certification is sent to CIO as its easier and serves the purpose.. Most of the times, VO at the local CHC does not asks for the Bank Statement, but if he thinks, that a person has not "high income", and still manages to show over 10k CAD in savings, so than he can ask for detailed Statements to clarify his doubts. He might need proofs for high volume credit [if the whole balance got added in 1 go], like if property is sold, or borrowed by someone or any other means..
Thanks for the response.

The bank statement template you provided seems to be good enough, I will just tell my bank to put those things in the statement.

pronto.futura

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Actually I sent a bank statement (dated 5 months ago) and signed on a note informing the officer in the CIO that I will send them a recent "bank certification letter" as soon as I get hold of it. (have to travel to get it) :-X

Now, the point is, how to send them the bank letter when I get it? ::) :-\

• Do I send it by its own with my details ?
    Print the generic appplication again and send it with the letter?
    Wait till they ask for it ?
So confusing
please advise

many thanks

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
pronto.futura said:
Actually I sent a bank statement (dated 5 months ago) and signed on a note informing the officer in the CIO that I will send them a recent "bank certification letter" as soon as I get hold of it. (have to travel to get it) :-X

Now, the point is, how to send them the bank letter when I get it? ::) :-\

• Do I send it by its own with my details ?
    Print the generic appplication again and send it with the letter?
    Wait till they ask for it ?
So confusing
please advise

many thanks

If you already sent your application to CIO there is nothing you can do at this point. You cannot "update" the information you already sent to CIO....you have to wait for the CIO to contact you.

If CIO/VO wants an updated letter, they will ask you for an updated letter, at which time you send them an updated letter.

(Sorry for the late response to your question, completely forgot about this thread until someone esle asked about letter template in another thread)

BS1981

Jun 11, 2013
I have sent printouts from the softcopies I am getting from my different accounts. That serves the purpose and includes all details including account number, transaction history, Bank's contact number and email addresses etc.

As I was in US and had money in my Indian Bank accounts, getting a hard copy was not a choice.

pronto.futura

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
donutbox said:
If you already sent your application to CIO there is nothing you can do at this point. You cannot "update" the information you already sent to CIO....you have to wait for the CIO to contact you.

If CIO/VO wants an updated letter, they will ask you for an updated letter, at which time you send them an updated letter.

(Sorry for the late response to your question, completely forgot about this thread until someone esle asked about letter template in another thread)

Thanks a million pal. Actually my application took stirring turns :eek: I had managed to halt the courier, got my package back, fixed the issue, and sent it back again ;D

szr

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
Can we just send copy of 6 month bank statements?

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
yes, but need to be stamped by bank

szr said:
Can we just send copy of 6 month bank statements?