+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank accounts abroad but staying in Canada

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hi everyone, I recently finished my studies in Toronto and I'm planning to apply for PR while here in Canada. I just wanna ask what do you provide as proof of fund access if most of your funds are still in your country of origin? I have my bank account here but I need to use my account from overseas to back up my settlement funds. Will bank certificate and bank statement would suffice? TIA!

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
If your overseas bank account allows online banking, then you can request for bank statements online (6 months if I'm not wrong) . You would also need an official letter from the bank to state how much you have (detailed information should all be application list) That part I don't know if you could request it while overseas - perhaps email them. And make sure that the amount in the account in foreign currency is sufficient amount when converted to CAD - it should be fine.

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
If your overseas bank account allows online banking, then you can request for bank statements online (6 months if I'm not wrong) . You would also need an official letter from the bank to state how much you have (detailed information should all be application list) That part I don't know if you could request it while overseas - perhaps email them. And make sure that the amount in the account in foreign currency is sufficient amount when converted to CAD - it should be fine.
Oh thanks for this. As for paper request, I've already arranged this with my bank.

Reactions: joy857