+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BANGLADESHI MI-2 APPLICANT'S FORUM

mwm78

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
MARZUK said:
এই ফোরাম এর সবাই কি কানাডা চলে গেলেন নাকি ভাই ? কারো তো কোন সাড়া শব্দ পাচ্ছি না ......।

MARZUK
Dear Marzuk vi .....Akhono Desh e asi....

aditto

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Dhaka Bangladesh.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: My landing experience Part -01

$1CAD=BDT.74.50 Today

Aditto

hhshumon said:
Dear all,
Alhamdulillah I landed safely without any issue yesterday. Unfortunately we had the first oboroth declared Monday 9 pm and we went to Uttara to my aunty's place around 1 am to stay at night with all our luggage, which apparently was good for my travel plan, but was bad for us to manage everything at the very last moment. Still it was okey alhamdulillah,

- The flight was on time 9.10 pm emirates, and the boarding gate was open from 6 pm. I reached the airport around 6.15 as I was bit worried about my luggage over weight thing. Just to share, I bought 1 extra 32 kg luggage with 175 usd, and switched 2 bags from 23 kilo to 32 kilo with another 50X2=100 Usd. They don't take dollars, they took taka instead and I paid 21,500 taka over the counter n they provided a proper money receipt. I also checked in 24 hours prior to the flight to book my preferred seats, and it was helpful, as the emirates counter is usually full with immigrant Deshi worker bhais'. The staffs were helpful and actually never bothered about the weight that much, they also took 2 of my planned hand carry bags, (that was good a decision, as I realized later though,). Probably seeing my young son, they showed pity. After crossing the immigration without any question even asked (they only asked how to apply for immigration!!!) we waited at the lounge. As I was keen to buy my cigeerates from duty free and I ran out of Bangla taka, in so many traveling years, for the first time I knew, I can pay by my BRAC bank Visa card directly to purchase in USD from duty free. It felt good as I forgot to buy my cigeerates on that oboroth day.

- interestingly at the security checks at the boarding gate, (I was worried about the cash CAD) the officers never even asked how much dollars we are carrying (which usually they do, and asks about the endorsement thing) just asked us how many we are traveling, when he located our money pouch in the scan. I think its good to avail emirates, as all the emirates staff are always busy tackling the different class groups numbered many.

- The flight was on time and we landed at Dubai terminal 3 and the baggage claim is at a different terminal, where we had to collect the exit permit and wait for the shuttle bus to the hotel. I simply wasted minutes, asking the ground staff where to report for the exit, they don't know much, if someone is puzzled it's better to ask to a information counter, rather asking to any staff. We required to take the shuttle train to get to the exit through the immigration, after collecting the visa showing the hotel booking voucher to the cash counter near the immigration (as suggested by the information). I found the immigration staff very stupid, as they always keep on talking among their colleagues simply ignoring the tired passengers. We were accumulating in a long que. Still everyone had to have the smily face towards them.

- the shuttle took 10 minutes to get us to the hotel, and within 15 minutes they cleared all the passengers to their rooms. It was almost 2 am and the wake up call was planned at 7 am, the bus departs for the airport around 8 am while the flight time was 9.50 am. As Per my prior plan, I asked the receiptionist about any restriction for getting out and they said its okey as long as I avail the airport bus on 8am, I booked a private taxi for the guided city tour for 2 and half hours. They charged 90 USD for 3 of us and my son was free. We all took shower and were freshen up by 3 am. We had few snacks and water bottle with my camera prepared for the hiking. As I knew it might be tough for me for next couple of struggling years, to explore Any new place to visit with my family and kids (especially my 7 years son, who enjoys cities and big buildings like me, and keeps on suggesting me it's okey not to have money, as I can always go to any ATM and can withdraw. They only thing he doesn't know, I have to pore money to withdraw it!!! My crazy little son).

- The driver guide was Pakistani named Ezaz, he was 25 knows Dubai for 2 years, plans to get married to a girl from Peshware in next 2/3 years. He was very soft spoken and modest. Interestingly he showed up with a brand new white Lexus 4x4, and the car was simply fantastic. My son again complained about the car we had, and suggested to have this car in Canada. (My crazy son!!!). We started 3 am, went to Burj khalif, Dubai Mall, Burj Arab, the beach, palm jumerah, the Atlantis, hotel castle, the makhdum road and few other visitor's place. We stopped near the beach for our supper and spent time to enjoy Dubai at 4 am. It was simply great, unbelievable an experience with half the fading moon hanging in the sky, to roam a city at that late hours, where you see all the party people roaming with their very expensive cars and the rest of the city sleeps. (I saw a grey Ferrari, a red Porsche and uncounted BMW and Benz coupes') we returned to the hotel at 5.15 and had a nap, before the breakfast at 7.30 am.

- We boarded the long waited A380 airbus, around 8.30 and unfortunately the plane was over booked with hand luggages (it was good to get rid of the bags at Dhaka airport off loaded, as there were many Indian families with loads of hand carry bags and the whole upper closet was full). Many of them got strantted and the plane could not go. The pilot himself intervined and managed many of the bags to get to the bunk from hand carry. (My suggestion is it's better to request the Dhaka counter to get the big hand carry bags as the booked luggage, by saying you are to travel long and unable to attend family and bags together. They usually are considerate to long distance travelers.) the plane was 1.30 hours late to start. They plane is far better than the Boing 777 with a wider seat and better leg space. The only problem I faced was my head ache due to innaducuate sleep due to the night city safari at Dubai. It lastly had to go with 02 painkillers from the smiling air hostess.

- at Pearson it's like regular they attend new immigrants for the first times. They are smiling face and ready to help in all the cases. I had an incompletete address which I never noticed, they were undone to complete the PR card's postal thing. They struggled for a while a lastly gat my sis number from me, called her up for the proper complete address and let me go. We were lucky to have the SIN counter open where two Pakistani ladies helped us to get all the 04 sin numbers within 15 minutes. It might take 10 days to get those in hand by post. They provided the child benefit envelops, informations, and booklets in a pack. You already know that you are in a system and there is nothing worry about anything. The lady helping me also told me to go to belt 13 as the Emirates disposes the luggage there. We went there and saw only our bags are left at floor, as it was late and everyone is gone, the ground staff cleared the belt ( good for us, as they all were heavy). We hired a porter for our 10 bags (3 bags for 10 CAD). The Mr. white monster guy came with a big trolley managed everything along the cartoons, and showed all the way to the customs. Actually he was kind of helping us bypassing other families and officers keen on checking bags. The nice elderly customs officer asked all the B4 form and stuffs list with the photographs. I gave and asked me if any chance. I am carrying a second copy. I said no, then he photo copied all the documents and after stamping returned the 2 nd copies for future reference. I declared my money in a prescribed form and he said we are good to go. He never even bothered what I am carrying and what I am not. And interestingly there were families in front of us who's bags were opened and all the cooked stuff were thrown away, and my wife was very paranoid. As I asked the porter why we were set free, and he said you declared everything in that paper and they see it true. We were happy to go through as we were carrying bit of restricted stuff like my beloved Shutki!!!!!!

- Toronto Pearson welcomed us with snow and -11 deg. According to my sis it was the first for this season, and my kids were happy. My current location is 5600 Shepard Ave. East, Scarborough. I will be here for couple of days before shifting to another flat at the same condo. My sis and her family are very happy to see us and all the kids went to the airport with 02 large 7 seaters. One of my uncle and me came with the luggage and the rest by the other car. Parking is expensive here and if my sis never would have checked the flight EK 241 for its 1.45 hours delay, it might took her 20 dollars for extra parking.

- today 24 hours gone after leaving Dhaka, and I had my bank account done at TD, and they gave me a starter check book with 04 leafs, active debit card instantly when I deposited 400 CAD in the account. With 25 minutes all together I got everything, and the lady was very well managing the new comers, prescribing which account I should prefer, and she took the passport and the SIN paper (issued at the airport) as my identity. My brother Inlaw introduced me to the Bank. They are to send everything within 4-5 days and I can have my phone and other stuff with that billing address. Tomorrow I plan to go for health card and the child benefit form filled and that's all for the official procedures to be done. Next Monday will start browsing school.

Now finally I am here, right or wrong donno yet, only thing I know I want my kids to have smile in their face, yes I will work hard, and try my level best to raise them as proper Muslim universal Bangladeshi soldiers. Just keep on parying for me and for Many like myself. I wish all the best for all the forum mates I know and I don't know personally. You kept me live to bear the unbearable waiting time of +3 years.

Just keep praying further more. Cheers and maley Bari............:)

hhshumon

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Canada part 02

Today the 3rd December, 2013 have passed my 1st week here at Toronto. Today was busy exploring kids schools and doing formalities. They will start school from Monday next, inshallah. I booked my new 1 bed apartment on the same building of my sister's place. Unfortunately 02 beds are not available right now to start from January 2014. But the room size seems okey to be comfortable with two kids. The view is good from the living room. It's going to cost me 900 CAD monthly all inclusive and if I get my car in next 3 months going to be an 50 CAD extra.

- roaming with my brother Inlaw almost all the time in his car, and he keeps on verbal instructing me about the traffic rules and regulations keeping me in the front seat. I think it helps, and actually it develops the intuitive reflexes for turns at traffic lights being on proper lane. Public transport is not upto the mark, to tell frankly. Someone is bound to go for own car especially with small kids. Otherwise they become heavily dependent on others to commute. I went to my daughter's high school today, almost 2.5 km on foot (Inlaw went to work) and it was bright sunny a day with 3 deg. All of us enjoyed, but if it would have rained or snowed with wind it will be impossible I believe. By car it's only 2 mins! If I am to request someone to car pool my daughter it's going to cost me. If I get to the school bus service it's going to be 150 CAD monthly. There is no public transport as well. Usually the junior schools are within close proximity. So families with kids upto say year 5, it's doable on foot.

- the most common entertainment here seems invitation to relatives and friends place during week ends. Heavy adda and lunch or dinner. If car is missing someone will be stuck. Situation is not the same every where. The danforth area, Victoria park are places where initial settlement might not require personal cars. Sometimes you find 8-10 Bangladeshi families in a same building or even more. It's good. They are of help and support to each other. Initial times it's a must to know the places, tricks, tactics.

- Have not got time yet to explore jobs. Had chat with few forum friends and it seems jobs are there, In fact adequate. The issue is to get settle, get the ball rolling and during weekends relax, plan the main stream goal. I visited few friends of mine as well. Everyone seems to be dependent on OsAp for a course study and temporary any kind of jobs. It's okey, common and to some extent comfortable with financial planning. Everyone tries not to temper the initial funding brought from the country. It's good, I believe, It boosts the moral fighting attitude. My plan tends so.

- The whole context seems in three types, professionals like us (new comers, making initial survival and planing things up), 2nd rich with plenty money from country living in an expensive condo or detuched house and 3rd types who are settled here for a while say 5-8 years. Have met few of them. It seems its doable for us. Yes we can, it requires time though, but possible. Everything has to start from the beginning. It will take time, so early starters get advantage here and people like me with 42 years might be on back foot. Still I am hopeful it's right to give a fight.

- my wife plans to start a job from January 1st week inshallah. Meanwhile for me, I wish to take a break to think about the system and the attacking plan while hosted by my brother in law till Jan. Passing that honeymoon period as said at the CIIP session. Cheers all and your Doas are heavily required along with central heating in this 2-3 deg at Toronto. Salam and bye till next time.

mwm78

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Re: Canada part 02

hhshumon said:
Today the 3rd December, 2013 have passed my 1st week here at Toronto. Today was busy exploring kids schools and doing formalities. They will start school from Monday next, inshallah. I booked my new 1 bed apartment on the same building of my sister's place. Unfortunately 02 beds are not available right now to start from January 2014. But the room size seems okey to be comfortable with two kids. The view is good from the living room. It's going to cost me 900 CAD monthly all inclusive and if I get my car in next 3 months going to be an 50 CAD extra.

- roaming with my brother Inlaw almost all the time in his car, and he keeps on verbal instructing me about the traffic rules and regulations keeping me in the front seat. I think it helps, and actually it develops the intuitive reflexes for turns at traffic lights being on proper lane. Public transport is not upto the mark, to tell frankly. Someone is bound to go for own car especially with small kids. Otherwise they become heavily dependent on others to commute. I went to my daughter's high school today, almost 2.5 km on foot (Inlaw went to work) and it was bright sunny a day with 3 deg. All of us enjoyed, but if it would have rained or snowed with wind it will be impossible I believe. By car it's only 2 mins! If I am to request someone to car pool my daughter it's going to cost me. If I get to the school bus service it's going to be 150 CAD monthly. There is no public transport as well. Usually the junior schools are within close proximity. So families with kids upto say year 5, it's doable on foot.

- the most common entertainment here seems invitation to relatives and friends place during week ends. Heavy adda and lunch or dinner. If car is missing someone will be stuck. Situation is not the same every where. The danforth area, Victoria park are places where initial settlement might not require personal cars. Sometimes you find 8-10 Bangladeshi families in a same building or even more. It's good. They are of help and support to each other. Initial times it's a must to know the places, tricks, tactics.

- Have not got time yet to explore jobs. Had chat with few forum friends and it seems jobs are there, In fact adequate. The issue is to get settle, get the ball rolling and during weekends relax, plan the main stream goal. I visited few friends of mine as well. Everyone seems to be dependent on OsAp for a course study and temporary any kind of jobs. It's okey, common and to some extent comfortable with financial planning. Everyone tries not to temper the initial funding brought from the country. It's good, I believe, It boosts the moral fighting attitude. My plan tends so.

- The whole context seems in three types, professionals like us (new comers, making initial survival and planing things up), 2nd rich with plenty money from country living in an expensive condo or detuched house and 3rd types who are settled here for a while say 5-8 years. Have met few of them. It seems its doable for us. Yes we can, it requires time though, but possible. Everything has to start from the beginning. It will take time, so early starters get advantage here and people like me with 42 years might be on back foot. Still I am hopeful it's right to give a fight.

- my wife plans to start a job from January 1st week inshallah. Meanwhile for me, I wish to take a break to think about the system and the attacking plan while hosted by my brother in law till Jan. Passing that honeymoon period as said at the CIIP session. Cheers all and your Doas are heavily required along with central heating in this 2-3 deg at Toronto. Salam and bye till next time.
Thanks Shumon vi for your sharing....

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
From Toronto with Love, part:04

Dear all,
Salam. The 2nd time getting a weekend here on the 11 day here in Toronto.

- I had two invitations today, one for the lunch, with a group settled here for more than 5-6 years. One eng. Came who is here for more than 17 years. The main discussion was regarding kids schooling, heigher education etc. very informative and I found it encouraging. This cluster seems to be educated, hard working and gave their career up in bangladesh for the kids. Of them many are engaged even in some kind of social work, few are engaged in Muslim community development. Almost all the Babis' work in different jobs informally. They refer jobs to be jobs and most of them give a damn about it as long as it give money. It's encouraging too. The least payment is 10.75 CAD hourly and one can have almost 70-80 CAd after tax deduction daily. It seems very boring spending time in a house without jobs. Kids go to scholl and they go to work till 3 pm. Most of them drives and work 21 days weekly, and that's 1500 CAD nearly a month. It just good for the rent, and to feed a family of 04. With this you add the monthly 700 CAD child benefit for the kids. Few of them work as proper corporates. Interestingly no one compares and talk about jobs. It seems to be a routine task for everyone, and all jobs seem equal.

- Most of the seniors are engaged in different sort of jobs and everyone has different openions and views. Out of everything, the finding in a nut shell is, it's recommended not to aim the stay for earning. But rather start a survival job first, then fix a study plan in good times and prepare for a long term plan/ fight. It's in accordance to the most senior bhai and he is from BUET. I think I am left with no other option for now. I need to explore Universities and few colleges for heigher studies.

- In the evening I went to my cousins place for dinner, and we were 4 families. Of then one family had been new and here at Brampton for last 1 year. They don't have jobs and are still exploring. They took OSAP for studies and are sustaining with it. Interestingly if anyone finds a program to study they are eligible to get an OSAP upto 24,000 cAD. Out of it 8,000 would be the tuition and you are to return this amount only and the rest 16,000 is your gift from the govt for the sustainance of your family yearlong. Many families live by this OSAP. It's almost 1,500 CAD/month. I know few families who are living on it for last 7 years. One can defer the loan repayment for 4-5 years even, if he doesn't have job. There seems many families fund on this for living. Easy Living seems to be the easiest part. But ambitious living, being successful, wealthy and being rich seems to be bit difficult here in Canada. Its Very tough, but doable. My cousins husband works for IBM and lives at a pent house. The apartment is fabulous with wide 180* Toronto view from the 22 nd floor. They have a dedicated open roof terrace. The rent is 2250 CAD!!! Though he is young, but it seems it is within reach.

The rest depends on us, how we fight, how we plan and how much we are capable of adopting things here in a totally different 1st world.

Allah gives all of us the strength and shows us the right path. Salam for now and best wishes for all insallah.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
From Canada with love: 05

Dear forum mates,
Those who are planning to come Canada bring medicine enough especially antibiotics for adults and for kids. Pain killers, antacid, sleeping pills, anti histamine are also recommended in ample quantity. Medicine is not free here. With the health card one need to buy prescribed regular medicine from pharmacy and these are he'll expensive. At Bangladesh we buy Napa extra 10 tablets with 25-30 taka and it's 3CAD here. 10 times more. Even my doctor sister brings medications from bangladesh for last 3-4 years including eye glasses. They check eyes for free here and sends to dhaka for frame and glass, it costs 700-800 taka. Here it's almost 150-200 CAD. Just 15-20 times more!!!!! Don't forget to carry a prescribed prescription from a proper doctor for safety.

Meal costs are not that much, except beef and halal lamb. Yesterday I bought 15.8 lbs of halal beef with 50 CAD. It's almost Dhaka price may be a bit more. One family of 04 can manage comfortably with 200-250 CAD max without compromising anything, per month. Vegetables are in variety but fish options are missing and expensive. Cheapest thing is boiler chicken and it's 3 CAD a kilo. Basmati long grain rice is 10 CAD for a 5 kilo pack. It's regular and sometimes if there is sale you save money. When you avail sale it drops to 6.25 CAD.

Salam and bye for now. Cheers.

kmkamal

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: From Canada with love: 05

hhshumon said:
Dear forum mates,
Those who are planning to come Canada bring medicine enough especially antibiotics for adults and for kids. Pain killers, antacid, sleeping pills, anti histamine are also recommended in ample quantity. Medicine is not free here. With the health card one need to buy prescribed regular medicine from pharmacy and these are he'll expensive. At Bangladesh we buy Napa extra 10 tablets with 25-30 taka and it's 3CAD here. 10 times more. Even my doctor sister brings medications from bangladesh for last 3-4 years including eye glasses. They check eyes for free here and sends to dhaka for frame and glass, it costs 700-800 taka. Here it's almost 150-200 CAD. Just 15-20 times more!!!!! Don't forget to carry a prescribed prescription from a proper doctor for safety.

Meal costs are not that much, except beef and halal lamb. Yesterday I bought 15.8 lbs of halal beef with 50 CAD. It's almost Dhaka price may be a bit more. One family of 04 can manage comfortably with 200-250 CAD max without compromising anything, per month. Vegetables are in variety but fish options are missing and expensive. Cheapest thing is boiler chicken and it's 3 CAD a kilo. Basmati long grain rice is 10 CAD for a 5 kilo pack. It's regular and sometimes if there is sale you save money. When you avail sale it drops to 6.25 CAD.

Thanks Shumon Vai for your post. Please write regularly and share your experiences with us.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Re: From Canada with love: 05

hhshumon said:
Dear forum mates,
Those who are planning to come Canada bring medicine enough especially antibiotics for adults and for kids. Pain killers, antacid, sleeping pills, anti histamine are also recommended in ample quant

Useful info for the prospective immigrants!

+1 vai.

fahamed

Star Member
Aug 22, 2012
CANADA zawar iccha gula sesh hoia zaitasey. :-\... fanally mone hoi r zamu na...........r na......ei bangla- vanga desh amer jiboner sesh......

[flash=200,200]http://
[/flash]

jewelbds1

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
s.pore
NOC Code......
dentist
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 March 2011
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
26 February 2014
Med's Done....
5 March 2014
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
19 May 2014
LANDED..........
waiting....
you are right..

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Have talked to a immigration lawyer in a party today.
I shared our forum grief regarding the processing time and all that silent behavior of SGVO.
He said the quota is full filled, and their office has not got any PPR letter after August.
According to him situation will improve after 2nd week of January. They are closed till 6th January for holidays.

So guys Insallah everythings going to be just fine.

Ei Din Din noy aro din asey............................... Cheers and Maly Bari ;D

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

Every one kept silent..
Nothing to read and nothing to write.

What to do.............

Probir

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2010
Nomination.....
31-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application package
File Transfer...
RBVO since March 2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
Dear All,

I got a e-mail from SGVO in July month of this year and they said that My application is in the interview list. After waiting 5 months,I sent a CSI at December 1st and received the following reply yesterday-

"Following an initial review, this application was queued for interview and is currently awaiting its turn for scheduling, based on the date it was received.

Please be advised that applications which require interview fall outside normal processing standards. The current queue for an interview is approximately 24 months. While your application is awaiting interview, we will not accept, respond to, or attach to your file any correspondence, except: change of address or contact information, including change of e-mail address; change of immigration representative; change of marital status or family composition; request for withdrawal of your application."

*Please be advised that the queue for an Interview starts from the date the letter/email was sent to you.

Once an interview date is scheduled, the applicant will receive an appointment/interview letter or email approximately four to six weeks before interview."

Should I have to wait till July,2015 :eek: :mad: ?
I also ordered GCMS find almost nothing in the GCMS report. Reason for interview is "Eligibility".

Please share your opinions regarding this.

Probir

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Dear Probir,

I think you need to wait for the interview schedule. There is no other alternative. By reading CIC email, it is understood that they will schedule the interview and will let you know accordingly. You do not have any control over it.

Best of Luck!

Regards,
Fuad