+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bangladeshi Government Officer- Eligibility to apply for Canadian PR

sohaib.chowdhury

Oct 10, 2014
Hi. Need expert opinion.
I am a Banker (private service) & my wife is a government official of Bangladesh.
I want to apply to Express Entry and make my wife 1st applicant reason is she has post graduate degree whereas I am graduate.

She had been working as anprivate university lecturer for over 4 years before joining government service and we want to use her teaching experience for NOC criterion.

Now, my question,
01. being a government officer at present, is there any restriction on applying though she is using her earlier private service experience??
02. If I become the 1st applicant and she becomes dependent..will there be any issue??

Expert opinion needed.. many thanks

Sohaib

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi. Need expert opinion.
I am a Banker (private service) & my wife is a government official of Bangladesh.
I want to apply to Express Entry and make my wife 1st applicant reason is she has post graduate degree whereas I am graduate.

She had been working as anprivate university lecturer for over 4 years before joining government service and we want to use her teaching experience for NOC criterion.

Now, my question,
01. being a government officer at present, is there any restriction on applying though she is using her earlier private service experience??
02. If I become the 1st applicant and she becomes dependent..will there be any issue??

Expert opinion needed.. many thanks

Sohaib
1. No problem, she can claim experience points based on previous teaching experience.
2. Doesn't matter who is main applicant as long as your combine score meets the crs invitation cut off point.