+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bangladeshi Applicant for Fall 2015

thlimon

May 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dom_1911 said:
thlimon
Please share your profile with us! btw, how much fixed assets and liquid assets did you show in your affidavit??
I just submitted my application to vfs few hours ago. I don't know what will be happened because at the vfs I found that people got much stronger file than me :( :(
let's see what happens and what's waiting for me... If I get refused, I'll try for Australia

dom_1911

May 29, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted along with application...
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Med's Done....
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
soon in-sha-Allah!!
VISA ISSUED...
soon in-sha-Allah!!
LANDED..........
soon in-sha-Allah!!
In-sha-Allah you will get your visa!! Keep praying and never lose hope!!

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Do we have to provide originals for anything except for the police clearance certificates? As far as I knew, almost all documents are supposed to be photocopied and notarized instead of us sending the originals.

thlimon

May 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAHIMBD said:
Do we have to provide originals for anything except for the police clearance certificates? As far as I knew, almost all documents are supposed to be photocopied and notarized instead of us sending the originals.
yeah u r right. u just only need to submit original police clarification certificate besides this u don't need to submit anything original.

dom_1911

May 29, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Med's Done....
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
soon in-sha-Allah!!
VISA ISSUED...
soon in-sha-Allah!!
LANDED..........
soon in-sha-Allah!!
FAHIMBD said:
Bro, these are the following that must be original: police clearance certificate, bank statement & FDR certificate. All other documents can be submitted as notarized.

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Thanks for the responses.

Do you guys know how long it may take for the process to be complete? Wasn't there this 10 week processing time? I will keep you guys updated on my application process. I am in doubt if they will give me the visa though. However, I have to try.

Anyway, here is my profile:

Offer letter from: Ryerson University
Course: MEng Aerospace Engineering (September 2015)
Previous degree: MEng Aerospace Engineering from University of Hertfordshire 2012. (Joint honors undergraduate program)
Result: First class

I have been having immigration issues with the UK immigration and therefore lost a lot of time. I have the offer letters, security clearances, bursary letter, visa refusal letter to show that I was actively trying to get into further studies but immigration policy changes in the UK combined with a delay in providing me security clearance in the UK resulted in me losing 2 years time. I have mentioned these issues on my STUDY PLAN.

I hope my high academic achievement in my previous degree will work towards my advantage. I am worried about the financial issues as I cannot show the 1 year's money in bank for 6 months straight. To help me with that, I am showing my parent's accounts + my father's business accounts + FDRs worth well over 50K dollars. I am also showing the lands and real estate properties that my father owns. I really hope that the immigration officer in charge will realize that I actually do have a lot of money.

Another thing that worries me is that I have already completed a degree from the UK with the same title. I have tried to explain the difference in my Study Plan. In the Canadian degree, unlike the British one, I will actually get the freedom to choose subjects and therefore specialize. Which will serve my plan to become an academic in the field of my choice.

I will keep you guys updated on my application process. Make sure you guys post about your application process progress here too. :)

Best of luck everyone.

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
By the way, how much money are you showing (minimum)? As far as I knew, it was tuition fees of first year+ 10,000 + may be air fare. However, on my offer letter it says this:

Tuition fees: Approximately $20,515 + $18,300 in additional costs (for example, accommodations) per
academic year (this is the current fee range, and is subject to change). One academic year is comprised
of three semesters.

This made me a bit confused as many people including the CIC website says 10,000 for accommodation but university estimated it to be 18,300. Will the immigration people look for the quote given my the university or the 10,000?

dom_1911

May 29, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Med's Done....
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
soon in-sha-Allah!!
VISA ISSUED...
soon in-sha-Allah!!
LANDED..........
soon in-sha-Allah!!
FAHIMBD said:
By the way, how much money are you showing (minimum)? As far as I knew, it was tuition fees of first year+ 10,000 + may be air fare. However, on my offer letter it says this:

This made me a bit confused as many people including the CIC website says 10,000 for accommodation but university estimated it to be 18,300. Will the immigration people look for the quote given my the university or the 10,000?
Bro, as $18000 is mentioned in your offer letter, you should show that amount, not $10000.

Forhad093

May 23, 2015
hi all, have few questions, hope I can get some help.

Wanted to know, if I show a bank statement with the fees there for less than 2 months, will it be okay?

Which type of bank account is more acceptable? Savings, current or FDR?

& if I apply in first week of August for the September session will it be too late to get the visa?

dom_1911

May 29, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Med's Done....
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
soon in-sha-Allah!!
VISA ISSUED...
soon in-sha-Allah!!
LANDED..........
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Forhad093 said:
hi all, have few questions, hope I can get some help.

Wanted to know, if I show a bank statement with the fees there for less than 2 months, will it be okay?

Which type of bank account is more acceptable? Savings, current or FDR?

& if I apply in first week of August for the September session will it be too late to get the visa?
Applying for September session in August is too late!! Don't do that!! Apply well in advance: it is always recommended to apply at least 2-2.5 months before your class starts(to allow for 9 weeks average processing time).
As for the finances, bank statement of the last six months of your sponsor's account will do. As far as I know, it doesn't matter if it's a saving's account or a current account. An FDR is always a better addition to make your application stronger. As for the "fees", I recon you meant "tuition fees". If that's so, its always better to pay your 1st year's tuition fees in advance, and attach a "proof of payment" in your study permit application. I hope this helps!!

dom_1911

May 29, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Med's Done....
soon in-sha-Allah!!
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
soon in-sha-Allah!!
VISA ISSUED...
soon in-sha-Allah!!
LANDED..........
soon in-sha-Allah!!

rasel5065

Mar 11, 2014
Hi dom_1911, thlimon,
do u have any new update? have u got medical call or visa approval mail?

Regards
rasel5065

thlimon

May 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rasel5065 said:
Hi dom_1911, thlimon,
do u have any new update? have u got medical call or visa approval mail?

Regards
rasel5065
Nope bro. I still haven't got any call for medical or any type of email :(
Maybe that means something bad though I'm not sure about it. I'm frightened :(