Jul 5, 2021
Application Timeline

Submitted: 5th May
Eligibility Review Started: 22nd May
Biometric Given: 6th June
Medical Request: 10th June
Medical Passed: 15th June

Since then no update
Raised a webform on 7th July and got a reply that my file is pending officer review.

I am anxious about my visa decision :(

Hilbert Space

May 7, 2021
I have been waiting since 4th March. Here is my timeline.

Application lodged: 4 March
Eligibility Review Started: 23 March
Upfront medical passed: 23 March

Given you received a medical request, there is a strong likelihood you will receive approval. So I wouldn't sweat too much. Let's see if IRCC keeps their promise and finalize our applications in time by Aug 6. Best of luck!

Last edited:

tk94

Jul 5, 2021
Well, I have been waiting since 4th March. Here is my timeline.

Application lodged: 4 March
Eligibility Review Started: 23 March
Upfront medical passed: 23 March

Given you received a medical request, there is a strong likelihood you will receive approval. So I wouldn't sweat too much. Let's see if IRCC keeps their promise and finalize our applications in time by Aug 6. Best of luck!

How are they processing the files? My friend has applied just after four days of my application date with the same profile. He got his approval on the 13th of july.

Hilbert Space

May 7, 2021
Well, the Singapore visa office isn't as busy as the neighbouring countries. So there shouldn't be a severe backlog as in India or Abu Dhabi for instance. If I had to guess, chances are likely that our applications are complex and academic/background screening is taking longer than usual. it does not necessarily mean a bad thing as long you have sufficient funds, no issue of inadmissibility and the program of admission is relevant to your past academic background/industry experiences ( Although they are more lenient with undergraduate students). It's simply that you will have to wait it out patiently and consider the possibility of deferring your studies if possible.

I actually completed my bachelor's in Canada and applied for a study permit twice from BD. First to initially travel to CN and second time to extend my study permit. The first application took quite a while about 3 months-ish and the second took only 3 weeks. So there is no way of predicting the movement of Singapore VO. It's an inherently unpredictable and uncertain process.

Let's wait and see what fate has in store for us.

Last edited:

tk94

Jul 5, 2021
Well, the Singapore visa office isn't as busy as the neighbouring countries. So they shouldn't be a severe backlog as in India or Abu Dhabi for instance. If I had to guess, chances are likely that our applications are complex and academic/background screening is taking longer than usual. it does not necessarily mean a bad thing as long you have sufficient funds, no issue of inadmissibility and the program of admission is relevant to your past academic/industry background ( Although they are more lenient with undergraduate students). It's simply that you will have to wait it out patiently and consider the possibility of deferring your studies if possible.

I actually completed my bachelor's in Canada and applied for a study permit twice from BD. First to initially travel to CN and second time to extend my study permit. The first application took quite a while about 3 months-ish and the second took only 3 weeks. So there is no way of predicting the movement of Singapore VO. It's an inherently unpredictable and uncertain process.

Thanks for ur information

Let's hope for the best.

tk94

Jul 5, 2021
Well, the Singapore visa office isn't as busy as the neighbouring countries. So there shouldn't be a severe backlog as in India or Abu Dhabi for instance. If I had to guess, chances are likely that our applications are complex and academic/background screening is taking longer than usual. it does not necessarily mean a bad thing as long you have sufficient funds, no issue of inadmissibility and the program of admission is relevant to your past academic background/industry experiences ( Although they are more lenient with undergraduate students). It's simply that you will have to wait it out patiently and consider the possibility of deferring your studies if possible.

Got my PPR today

Reactions: Hilbert Space