Passport Req..
15 Feb and delivered on 9 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
What is the status

can_manne

May 16, 2016
Hi,

I have applied Visitor Visa for my parents on Apr 25th, 2016 at Hyderabad VFS office. Applications are reached to Bangalore by Apr 26th, 2016. On May 4th i have linked applications to CIC online account. Saturday I have received email notification from CIC saying Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your CIC account and check your application status and messages for more information. But when I checkd my online account no updates. Still application status is Submitted and final desicion is not started.

I visited VFS Bangalore office and requested them to send request letter to consulate to expedite the process because I have booked tickets starting May 24th. but still no updates.

Please let me know is there a way to contact consulate or still how much time will it take to get Visas.

Thanks.

TryCanada

May 12, 2016
My parents applied (paper application) for super visa from VFS Ahmedabad on 29th April. Application reached at Banglore on 2nd May. Tracking Status reads :application, tracking ID No. ***************** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, BANGALORE.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website. Just curious how long will it take to get passports back. Anyone who applied around this time, please keep updating the time line.

Thanks,
Sam

TryCanada

May 12, 2016
Hi,
Can anyone help me how to link application to CIC? I tried it but it is asking to use receipt number. Where do I get receipt number? My application was submitted at VFS Ahmedabad and they just provided us with a receipt with tracking ID, total amout paid and name, address and contact number of the courier company ( Blue Dart).

Thanks,
Sam

seshadrr

Feb 9, 2016
Hi
i have submitted paper application for TRV ( work permit) on April 4th at VFS, hyderabad. It's showing prcoessing at vfs, bangalore.I am still waiting for update. When i called VAC customer service they said processing time will be 20 working days and some times they will take more than usual processing time. So, they said you will receive an email/ Message to mobile if they update anything. My return travel ticket was on 18th May. Need to postpone it as i still didn't receive my TRV.

Awaiting for the update of my application

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
can_manne said:
Hi,

I have applied Visitor Visa for my parents on Apr 25th, 2016 at Hyderabad VFS office. Applications are reached to Bangalore by Apr 26th, 2016. On May 4th i have linked applications to CIC online account. Saturday I have received email notification from CIC saying Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your CIC account and check your application status and messages for more information. But when I checkd my online account no updates. Still application status is Submitted and final desicion is not started.

I visited VFS Bangalore office and requested them to send request letter to consulate to expedite the process because I have booked tickets starting May 24th. but still no updates.
It is common to see a notification of an update but not see any update because sometimes the changes are just in the back-end.

Also, there isn't much you can do expedite your process. CIC is not obliged to meet your travel dates - it is your responsibility to apply early enough. They even recommend not booking any travel until you have received your passport back with a visa.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
seshadrr said:
Hi
i have submitted paper application for TRV ( work permit) on April 4th at VFS, hyderabad. It's showing prcoessing at vfs, bangalore.I am still waiting for update. When i called VAC customer service they said processing time will be 20 working days and some times they will take more than usual processing time. So, they said you will receive an email/ Message to mobile if they update anything. My return travel ticket was on 18th May. Need to postpone it as i still didn't receive my TRV.

Awaiting for the update of my application
VFS information updates will not show you what CIC is doing. You create a MyCIC account and link your paper application to it to see any updates.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
TryCanada said:
Hi,
Can anyone help me how to link application to CIC? I tried it but it is asking to use receipt number. Where do I get receipt number? My application was submitted at VFS Ahmedabad and they just provided us with a receipt with tracking ID, total amout paid and name, address and contact number of the courier company ( Blue Dart).

Thanks,
Sam
Try again in a few days. The application may have not been received, that's why the link is not being accepted.

seshadrr

Feb 9, 2016
VFS information updates will not show you what CIC is doing. You create a MyCIC account and link your paper application to it to see any updates.

thanks for the reply
can you please post the link how to link my paper application?
thanks

can_manne

May 16, 2016
Hi,

Now on "View my submitted applications and profile" under details both applications are showing as approved. But when I click on "Check status and Messages" Finale decision is still showing as "Not started". Any Idea what it means.

Thanks.

maya_india

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
i applied TRV FOR MY PARENTS IN BANGALORE office through agent by paper .. it got rejected... :( the reasons are
1, no travel history
2, no insufficent funds.( i showed them a funds and net worth of 2 crores INR totally ) dont know how much thy want
3, not provided sufficent documents support hosts income( dont know wat does tht mean? i submitted my T4 and latest paystubs
now when i can i resubmit my file again...
do we have to show minimum amount in hosts bank acccoint .. i showed 4K$

can_manne

May 16, 2016
maya_india said:
i applied TRV FOR MY PARENTS IN BANGALORE office through agent by paper .. it got rejected... :( the reasons are
1, no travel history
2, no insufficent funds.( i showed them a funds and net worth of 2 crores INR totally ) dont know how much thy want
3, not provided sufficent documents support hosts income( dont know wat does tht mean? i submitted my T4 and latest paystubs
now when i can i resubmit my file again...
do we have to show minimum amount in hosts bank acccoint .. i showed 4K$
In host bank should at least hold $25K+, for strong case. this is what i learned from my friends applications as well. But this may vary case to case.
For my case I have provided below details as suppoting documents:
1. Invitation letter
2. 3 months bank statements and pay slips
3. employer letters
4. 2 years T4 and Notice of assessment
4. Passport and PR card

From my parents provided below documents:
1. Marriage certificate
2. Income proof (Notary)