+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BAN

oluu

Jan 22, 2019
Good Day,
Please what can I do? I applied for to renew my visiting visa from Nigeria, I did an online submission but while filling the form I made a mistake, the column that says "have you applied to stay in any country other than your home country I ticked " and the next question following this was "have you been denied visa to any country I ticked No" meanwhile the answers were suppose to be No and Yes.
I got a letter of Judicial Fairness stating that I lied that American Wmbassy denies me that year January, which I responded and explained it was an honest mistake. but they still Refused my Visa and banned for 5 years. And says I can reapply , imagine after the ban.
My lawyer in Nigeria wrote several letters to them in Accra they ignored and never replied up till date, I personally sent email and they responded saying my ban still holds.
Please I need your advice what do I do? or can I go about this ban?
Thank You.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Unfortunately, the ban cannot be lifted unless the visa officer made an error in law, which he or she did not. Apply again after the ban is over.

Reactions: andy.keeling

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good Day,
Please what can I do? I applied for to renew my visiting visa from Nigeria, I did an online submission but while filling the form I made a mistake, the column that says "have you applied to stay in any country other than your home country I ticked " and the next question following this was "have you been denied visa to any country I ticked No" meanwhile the answers were suppose to be No and Yes.
I got a letter of Judicial Fairness stating that I lied that American Wmbassy denies me that year January, which I responded and explained it was an honest mistake. but they still Refused my Visa and banned for 5 years. And says I can reapply , imagine after the ban.
My lawyer in Nigeria wrote several letters to them in Accra they ignored and never replied up till date, I personally sent email and they responded saying my ban still holds.
Please I need your advice what do I do? or can I go about this ban?
Thank You.
You applied from a high-risk country which has a high influx of refugee claimants. Not saying you would have claimed asylum if you were granted a TRV. Just saying you should have checked your application before signing it.

There's nothing your lawyer can do to overturn the ban. Applying for any visas is pointless until the 5 years' ban is over

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
You applied from a high-risk country which has a high influx of refugee claimants. Not saying you would have claimed asylum if you were granted a TRV. Just saying you should have checked your application before signing it.

There's nothing your lawyer can do to overturn the ban. Applying for any visas is pointless until the 5 years' ban is over
Hey @Bryanna i did the same thing . Right ?