+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ban for 2 years to enter Canada

touseef00

May 17, 2011
I applied for visitor visa but due to some confusion i didnt mentioned my family history properly and they gave me 2 years ban to enter Canada for misinformation. My questions are: can i hire a lawyer to appeal against it? does this also apply my wife cant sponsors me for 2 years or she can sponsor me after 1 year and it usually takes 1 year immigration process to go through so by the time process is done 2 years will b finished. any suggestions?

CadVistor

Jul 5, 2011
Yes, need more information on that. Did you forge information? i.e. gave incorrect Date of Births, Names, and other information.

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
well an error is totally different from fraud....meaning a date error or spelling cant be fraud... example...18/03/1994 ...instead of 18/03/1993 could have beer error...Not disclosing all together is fraud!!!

touseef00

May 17, 2011
kingwil said:
well an error is totally different from fraud....meaning a date error or spelling cant be fraud... example...18/03/1994 ...instead of 18/03/1993 could have beer error...Not disclosing all together is fraud!!!
ya you could say not disclosing all information such as my father stayed in canada and applied for refugee claimant but it was declined so i didnt mention that..

Reactions: aquarius1

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wait 2 years and then apply, its much easier otherwise you'll end up spending more time and money. Get a job, save up some money, honestly fill up your form, after 2 years you could atleast show you made an effort to find a job and contribute to the economy like a civilized person. This adds value to your application

touseef00

May 17, 2011
i have been working for 3 years. money is not a issue here. i wanna know if i should get a lawyer and ask my wife to sponsor me or there is no point cuz of this 2 years ban

CadVistor

Jul 5, 2011
Was wondering what if your father lived in some other country and you did not mention that. Obviously, since he lived in Canada CIC had documented everything.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Not till after the 2 years.

Whatever reason, you misrepresented yourself on your application, CIC caught you out, you get banned...period.

Hiring a lawyer will be a waste of money as CIC are right.

Wait the 2 years and reapply.

yoshimura

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
That sucks. Crappy customer service, you can't even get details from them.

Oh well, they have the guns.