+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ballpark outland PR processing times? (Canadian and American)

mtmadill

Apr 26, 2015
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
FAM
Hello again,

Quick question, what is the ballpark start to finish processing times for a Canadian sponsoring an American common-law partner for PR using an outland process? I read that many outland applications between Canadians and Americans are not actually sent to the States (New York and LA), but rather processed in Canada. Thus, the cic.gc.ca processing time info is confusing because I believe it shows inland processing times.

We are trying to make plans on when we might be moving back to Canada, but want to know some ballpark processing times. Any thoughts?

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
For an outland US applicant the visa office will be Ottawa Ontario and if an interview is required then the file goes to LA. The NY option is no more apparently unfortunately.

The processing times seem to have gone up from what was about 5-7 months to 8-10 months it would appear. This is if there are no error's or any flubs in your application etc.. My wife is US and a Sept Outland Applicant and we are at about the 7.5 month mark now and some are at or nearing 8 months.. We have slowing been getting some movement though with decisions being made etc.. Hope that helps :)

Celandrius

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th. 2014
AOR Received.
SA- August, 28th, 2014
File Transfer...
August 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
April 23rd, 2015
LANDED..........
April 28th, 2015
For reference, I'm a US citizen with the Ottawa VO, and I finished up in around 9 months. Hope this helps your timeline a bit! :D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mtmadill said:
Thus, the cic.gc.ca processing time info is confusing because I believe it shows inland processing times.

We are trying to make plans on when we might be moving back to Canada, but want to know some ballpark processing times. Any thoughts?
Hi

Inland apps are processed in Mississauga. The outland VO for Americans is Ottawa and the processing time is listed on the same page as all the other outland VOs . Note that the processing times are not averages; they show how long it took to process 80% of apps.

If you have a straightforward app, plan for 8-10 months.