+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Balance confirmation certificate - proof of funds

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
My bank (SBI) has given me a 'balance confirmation certificate' providing details of all accounts I hold there, including withdrawal power of locked deposits like PPF. The header also includes complete contact information to different departments of the bank with an email ID and fax. There is stamp and signature of a bank official who issued it in lieu of the chief manager. So far, so good. The question I have is, should this official who signed and stamped it be identified - i.e should the contact details of this specific person be provided? Nowhere is that mentioned on the CIC website as a requirement, but I was watching an example of a rejection being explained on youtube, where it said PoF to be "verified by the financial institution through an "official letter" containing the coordinates of the signing officer".
I am worried that my letter does not provide the coordinates of the official who signed, but only the general contact information for the bank on the header, nothing below the stamp. But for SBI, I think this is the standard procedure and this is how they provide letters to everyone. Anyone else with similar experience?

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
My bank (SBI) has given me a 'balance confirmation certificate' providing details of all accounts I hold there, including withdrawal power of locked deposits like PPF. The header also includes complete contact information to different departments of the bank with an email ID and fax. There is stamp and signature of a bank official who issued it in lieu of the chief manager. So far, so good. The question I have is, should this official who signed and stamped it be identified - i.e should the contact details of this specific person be provided? Nowhere is that mentioned on the CIC website as a requirement, but I was watching an example of a rejection being explained on youtube, where it said PoF to be "verified by the financial institution through an "official letter" containing the coordinates of the signing officer".
I am worried that my letter does not provide the coordinates of the official who signed, but only the general contact information for the bank on the header, nothing below the stamp. But for SBI, I think this is the standard procedure and this is how they provide letters to everyone. Anyone else with similar experience?
Additionally, my statement for six months is not on the same letterhead as the 'balance confirmation certificate' mentioned above was. It was printed out for me by the manager at SBI on normal paper (i.e. does not have SBI logo on top, in the header, but does have all the bank contact information) She stamped and signed the first and last pages and affixed the round seal on all pages in-between. Charges were applicable for this.
I am worried this may be rejected for non-conformity. Are there any other applicants who have successfully received their PR after submitting statements like these from "state bank of India"? Should statements also be on letterhead with logo?

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Guys I have one concern. My agent only uploaded the balance certificate with the latest date only.No bank statements nothing.He said that it is sufficient for now.My concern is that it does not have the account opening date(though it is a very old account more than 10 years) and it is also does not show 6 months statements.It just mentions the below thing

“The balance outstanding as on date 7th january 2020 is below:-

It mentions account number, balance name , saving account .etc”

So do i need to be concerned for this.My agent do have taken the stamped bank statements but did not uploaded it he said if they want it they will request for it.

Also the balance certificate is on bank letter head dully signed and stamped.

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Guys I have one concern. My agent only uploaded the balance certificate with the latest date only.No bank statements nothing.He said that it is sufficient for now.My concern is that it does not have the account opening date(though it is a very old account more than 10 years) and it is also does not show 6 months statements.It just mentions the below thing

So do i need to be concerned for this.My agent do have taken the stamped bank statements but did not uploaded it he said if they want it they will request for it.

Can anyone reply to it please

susheel1988

Feb 26, 2020
Hello Forum,

I have a quick query here, I had parked all my funds into a fixed deposit. I have received a letter from my Custodian Bank stating the balance funds and its canadian equivalent with my PAN card no and my name as the owner of the Fixed deposits which are more than 2 to 3 years old.
The letter does state that the deposit amount can be encashed anytime as per the customers instructions, subject to the Housing Finance Companies Directions 2010.
Now my query is that does the line in bold is a cause of concern? I also have a valid job offer now in Canada as I have studied here and now got a job offer post the ITA, does that mean that I do not need to produce a Proof of funds certificate at all?
I'll appreciate your response as I think I'm lacking clarity due to the line mentioned in Bold as thats reducing my confidence although should not be a concern, but just to be safe.

Thanks so much ..

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

If the balance certificate had all the information IRCC prescribed then there was no issues. It's possible that even this certificate is enough and they won't ask for additional documentation. But it's equally possible they ask for 6 months statements as they would like to make sure that account is older than 6 months. And since you already had stamped statements it would have made more sense to just upload it as it doesn't take much effort.

That's the issue of giving control to agents.
You could still raise a cse and attack the bank statements if it gives you more peace of mind.

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
If the balance certificate had all the information IRCC prescribed then there was no issues. It's possible that even this certificate is enough and they won't ask for additional documentation. But it's equally possible they ask for 6 months statements as they would like to make sure that account is older than 6 months. And since you already had stamped statements it would have made more sense to just upload it as it doesn't take much effort.

That's the issue of giving control to agents.
You could still raise a cse and attack the bank statements if it gives you more peace of mind.
Hi Cansha ,Thanks for the reply.My agent is very confident he said that,if they will require it which is very rare they will request us .They upload these certificates in other candidates also and they have got their PR.Additionally he said that you case has already been approved by the PNP,which is additional proof that you have sufficient funds.

But have you ever seen such cases where they have directly rejected the case without asking ADR or in any forum you know of.

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
To be honest, whether the agent is confident or not has no significance. In this particular case, as I said you should be okay.

There are quite a few such cases on this forum.
Can you point them out please. Also It has been a month and my biometric and medicals are passed.When do you think they do a rejection like this.or at which stage does the POF vreview occurs

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Can you point them out please.
I would have to search the forum and I assume you are more than capable of doing that if you really want to.

As I already said you are most likely good. But if your question is do rejections happen without sending a PFL then the answer is yes.

When do you think they do a rejection like this.or at which stage does the POF vreview occurs
POF review is done at the eligibility stage. Order GCMS notes post 4/5 months to see status of eligibility evaluation.

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
I would have to search the forum and I assume you are more than capable of doing that if you really want to.

As I already said you are most likely good. But if your question is do rejections happen without sending a PFL then the answer is yes.

POF review is done at the eligibility stage. Order GCMS notes post 4/5 months to see status of eligibility evaluation.
Is not the eligibility stage the last stage after BG check is complete ? I saw in forums that eligibility keeps on in progress at the very end.

Also I tried to search forum but I never seen a single forum where such discussion of rejection has taken place. Either the POF rejection is because of insufficient funds or it is some other reason like FD without bank statements etc, not any balance certificate related.

If you have just let me know.

Also when you say rejections happens, when do they generally reject , I came to the conclusion if the biometric has been requested and completed plus with medical passed , I mean the R10 check is passed and chances of such rejections are reduced until ur PCC has issues.

Also they reject if there are mutliple things pending or have issue but if there is one thing they need more evidence then they request for ADR, correct me If I am wrong ,

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Is not the eligibility stage the last stage after BG check is complete ? I saw in forums that eligibility keeps on in progress at the very end.

Also I tried to search forum but I never seen a single forum where such discussion of rejection has taken place. Either the POF rejection is because of insufficient funds or it is some other reason like FD without bank statements etc, not any balance certificate related.

If you have just let me know.

Also when you say rejections happens, when do they generally reject , I came to the conclusion if the biometric has been requested and completed plus with medical passed , I mean the R10 check is passed and chances of such rejections are reduced until ur PCC has issues.

Also they reject if there are mutliple things pending or have issue but if there is one thing they need more evidence then they request for ADR, correct me If I am wrong ,
can you please reply Cansha ?

nitin91

Aug 18, 2015

Hi
Did your Balance certificate works or do they request additional documents??