+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Balance certificate as POF

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Dear friends

My bank has issued me balance certificate but has refused to mention average balance of six months and date of account opening. Rest all they have mentioned. What can be done in this regard?

If. I provide six months account statement along with balance certificate, will it suffice?

OR It will be a problem?

PLEASE HELP

Regards

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollingpunjab said:
Dear friends

My bank has issued me balance certificate but has refused to mention average balance of six months and date of account opening. Rest all they have mentioned. What can be done in this regard?

If. I provide six months account statement along with balance certificate, will it suffice?

OR It will be a problem?

PLEASE HELP

Regards
That should work.

Btw which bank is it? Why would they refuse you!!

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
StAnger said:
That should work.

Btw which bank is it? Why would they refuse you!!
its state bank of India (SBI) and they say that they have a prescribed format for balance certificate which is system generated and they cannot change that. They can only provide current balance, account number, bank address, my name and address.

One more thing can be done. Along with statement and balance certificate I can provide the scanned copy of front page of my bank passbook which carres account opening date information and bank phone number too.

Will it be OK ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rollingpunjab said:
its state bank of India (SBI) and they say that they have a prescribed format for balance certificate which is system generated and they cannot change that. They can only provide current balance, account number, bank address, my name and address.

One more thing can be done. Along with statement and balance certificate I can provide the scanned copy of front page of my bank passbook which carres account opening date information and bank phone number too.

Will it be OK ?
A balance certificate that contains your name, account number, date of account opening and the current balance is enough. You can get the statements for the past 6 months stamped by the bank!

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollingpunjab said:

Will it be OK ?
Well i got it from state bank as well as from private bank. State bank manager was helpful and added all i asked him to. Private bank was little reluctant and gave me same crap of standard certificate etc etc, however on little persuation and showing them cic guide and requesting them a little did the trick and they issued me everything. Try to convince them by saying that your future depends on this and cic is very strict about the format. They should help you.

If this doesnt work, go with 6 months statement and standard certificate. Make sure you get everything signed and stamped.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per my understanding,
if someone cant get a bank letter then (some banks refuse to issue any letter)
only providing 6 months bank statement signed & stamped will suffice.

So, just providing 6 months bank statement stamped & signed is enough for POF.

Can someone correct me if am wrong

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
nokia3315 said:
As per my understanding, if someone cant get a bank letter then
only providing 6 months bank statement signed & stamped will suffice.
Well, that approach is not recommended. All banks will provide some kind of a letter.

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
My bank executives were hardly helpful. They simply provided me standard certificate, 6 months account statement both signed and stamped. Over and above that m providing scanned copy first page of my passbook. Combining all these docs all thee requirements of CIC has been checked. I hope these will do.

Reactions: Prya

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rollingpunjab said:
My bank executives were hardly helpful. They simply provided me standard certificate, 6 months account statement both signed and stamped. Over and above that m providing scanned copy first page of my passbook. Combining all these docs all thee requirements of CIC has been checked. I hope these will do.
This will suffice, IMO!

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, that approach is not recommended. All banks will provide some kind of a letter.
Well my bank is refusing to provide any letter and insist they can only provide 6 months old statement print out which they will sign & stamp.

I will start a thread based on my situation (as my banks say no) and see if i can get more replies or experiences similar to mine

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
rollingpunjab said:
That covers only 1 part of the requirement. You haven't mentioned anything about the debts. If you have none then the above workaround is ok. If you have any debts reflected in statements then get a letter/statements from bank so that all CIC requirements are covered.

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StAnger said:
Well i got it from state bank as well as from private bank. State bank manager was helpful and added all i asked him to. Private bank was little reluctant and gave me same crap of standard certificate etc etc, however on little persuation and showing them cic guide and requesting them a little did the trick and they issued me everything. Try to convince them by saying that your future depends on this and cic is very strict about the format. They should help you.

If this doesnt work, go with 6 months statement and standard certificate. Make sure you get everything signed and stamped.
StAnger,

Can you please share the POF format which the banks issued to you?

Thanks