+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Badly Needed Help for Re-Entry.. JOBSEEKER and OTHERS please

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hello Everyone!

I am new here but have been reading since my WP renewal application got refused and I had to apply for restoration of my status. Thanks to you all. I didn't panic that much.. (I got my WP extension 3months after last Jan 9).. Anyways, I need help now.. Please can somebody help me as I have no enough time.. Please! Thanks!

My multiple visa got expired last Sept 20, 2011. I am going to Mexico with my employers on May 5th. I am here in Vancouver and wants to apply in Seattle because it's the closest Canadian office but I read it takes longer here? What if I apply in Buffalo? or which Canadian Office processes re-entry quickly?

From what I've read, I need to submit the following reqts:
1. IMM5257 electronically filled up (with barcodes)
2. IMM 5645
3. IMM 5257- scedule 1
4. bank draft (addressed to The General Receiver for Canada, is this right? This is what I've read in this forum as well)
5. valid passports (I just renewed my passport and I am planning to send my old one as well where my old TRV is stamped)
6. 2 photos
7. photocopy of work permit (I am sending a photocopy my contract and letter of my employer as well as proof of my employment)
8. proof of financial support (can I just print my bank statement as I am doing online banking?)

common law partner, use of a representative, itinerary and return ticket don't apply..

Another thing, I am applying for Mexican visa and from what I have experienced before, it takes a week before I get it.. I am running out of time.. :( Do you think I can get my TRV before the 3rd week of April?

JOSBSEEKER, I think I know you in person.. I have messaged you and called you in the middle of the night.. Sorry about that. I have read your posts here and I am thinking that you're MY? Please, you don't have to answer me here if you're the one I am talking about.. Please please, give a call.. Thank you so much!!!

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hi everyone!

Tho, nobody helped me with my questions before, I still got answers from the posts here (also from Jobseeker who I knew in person :D) Thank you!

I mailed my TRV application from BC in Feb 26. It arrived 29th Feb. They received my passport last March 22nd but the stamp dated 12th of March which is less than 2 weeks since the Buffalo New York Canadian Embassy received my application..