+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bad news for applicant not in 38 list & apllied in 28-2-08 to 30-11-08

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Feb-Nov 08 Applicants and David Cohen blog, any hope ?
[/color]

Dear Friends
I request all applicants applied between Feb-Nov 2008 and not under 38 noc list to see the following link of Mr. David Cohen.

http://www.canadavisa.com/federal-skilled-worker-requirements-may-soon-change.html

In the link you will find the 38 NOC list. Click any job you will find the following statement in bold letters

Applicants with experience in the following occupations may also be considered under this NOC depending on the specifics of the main duties performed:

That means 0111 Financial Manager is in the 38 NOC and any applicant of this NOc is elligible. Moreover, following although not listed in 38 are also elligible.

Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers (0122)
Managers of accounting and auditing firms (in 0123 Other Business Services Managers)
Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services (0013)

These are the jobs we as Classified Elsewhere.

By clicking the 0111 Financial Manager I found following :

Financial managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments. They develop and implement the financial policies and systems of establishments. Financial managers establish performance standards and prepare various financial reports for senior management. They are employed in financial and accounting departments in companies throughout the private sector and in government. Click here for a list of Example Titles of this occupation.
Applicants with experience in the following occupations may also be considered under this NOC depending on the specifics of the main duties performed:
Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers (0122)
Managers of accounting and auditing firms (in 0123 Other Business Services Managers)
Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services (0013)

I request other memebres to see the link and participate in the discussion whether actually we find any hope there.

Good luck.

SYED

omwalmah

Dec 30, 2008
SYED
this link is really interesting as It stated many jobs out of the 38 list to be considered. In fact, this makes sense because the job title and its relevant duties according to the NOC may vary from country to another. Therefore, we can find a lot of overlapping duties here and there. And because the job duties is the cutting edge, we can expect these jobs (out of the 38 list) might have a good luck during evaluation. However, I'm just wondering is that the CIC opinion too as this link is not an official CIC one, it's coming from David Cohen blog?

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
omwalmah said:
SYED
this link is really interesting as It stated many jobs out of the 38 list to be considered. In fact, this makes sense because the job title and its relevant duties according to the NOC may vary from country to another. Therefore, we can find a lot of overlapping duties here and there. And because the job duties is the cutting edge, we can expect these jobs (out of the 38 list) might have a good luck during evaluation. However, I'm just wondering is that the CIC opinion too as this link is not an official CIC one, it's coming from David Cohen blog?
We know David Cohen is a very renowned consultant. The information from his site must be genuine.

Good luck.

SYED

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, if your job duties match closely enough to a job on the 38-list, you can try applying under that NOC. Your title is not important, the job duties are. Whether immigration then accepts your claim or not is another story but you don't know if you don't try.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Leon said:
Yes, if your job duties match closely enough to a job on the 38-list, you can try applying under that NOC. Your title is not important, the job duties are. Whether immigration then accepts your claim or not is another story but you don't know if you don't try.

Thank you mcgyver for you reply.

This is discussed in this forum that job duties are more important than the job title.

I applied under 0611 (which is not under 38 NOC). So, if I have job duties of 0632 (which is under 38 NOC) my application may be considered for processing. That I know.

Dear Leon I am looking for a suggestion on the following.

I perform some of the duties of 0632, which are not mentioned in my appliaction. Now if I send details of my job duties to NS office, will they accept it ? What is your opinion ?

Good luck.

SYED

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can only try but if they feel that you are just trying to modify your duties to fit a NOC that you are not working under just so you can qualify, they will not accept it.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Leon said:
You can only try but if they feel that you are just trying to modify your duties to fit a NOC that you are not working under just so you can qualify, they will not accept it.

Thank you very much.