+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bad landing experience

Tokibaee

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
I landed in Canada as a PR, 2 days later I went to a service Canada for my sin. After god knows how long , the employee in service Canada looked confused and told me that she can’t give me a sin because my profile was “flagged”. She told me to call a number and after waiting for an hour on the phone they finally picked up, I explained what happened and when she looked at my profile she said it’s strange how are you in Canada and your landing is not activated in the system?? I told her I don’t know. She told me to go back to the airport. I returned back to the airport which is very far from where I live , I went to the immigration office and explained what happened, they checked my profile and after 20 minutes they said they were sorry, the officer is New and forgot to activate my landing. The day after, I went back to service Canada for the sin , the employee told me she can’t do anything now , my profile is already flagged and I have to wait for 8 weeks to receive my sin in the mail. Imagine going through all this as a new immigrant in a country you just arrived in and what’s worse is that i have to wait for 8 weeks for the SIN. To be honest, I am used to this back in my home country, I just expected things to be more organized and systematic in Canada.

xMadMaxx

Feb 17, 2016
Saudi Arabia
LANDED..........
28-04-2007
Sorry for your experience but this is not common at all in Canada. Frankly, this is the first time I ever hear of such an inappropriate situation.
Did they tell you that you have to wait 8 weeks to apply for SIN or it will take 8 weeks to get your SIN by mail?! Cause back in 2007, I got my SIN from the officer (the SIN number) and told me that I can use it while waiting for the card. Meaning, I can apply for jobs giving them just the SIN number.
But that was back in 2007, dunno how it is now.

Good Luck