+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bad Interview - decision made

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008
Hello Guys,

I am a Canadian and I am sponsoring my husbans who is presently working in the US with a work visa. Everything so far went well until the interview. Both of us had to attend of which we did. I went in first and was questioned by the officer the usual questions etc. At the end of the interview she turn and told me that there is an arrest warrant out in Canada for my husband. Now this was shocking because 8 years ago my husband came to canada as a visitor and tried to get status of which was refused and they asked him to leave, acutally they gave him about two weeks after his refusal letter to leave. Now he did leave a week earlier and checked in with immigration at Pearson in Toronto, he had to sign a form of some sort. Anyways this was some time ago, he never tried to come back to Canada instead he applied to the US for a work visa and was accepted, he was working there since.

Now when it was his turn the officer told him that she does not believe he loves me and that he only wants to come to Canada and that he has a very bad history with Canada because it seems that the never left.
When we had sent in the app we mentioned that he was in Canada and had to leave of which he did, we even gave the dates etc. I am surprise that it would have gotten so far if there was indeed a warrant out for his arrest in Canada and also he was able to get a working visa to the US which has to be renewed each year.

Anyways the officer said that she would have to look into this but she does not think that he will be granted his landed and that it is his right to appeal. She then made a comment at the end when my husband said ..my wife is 4 months pregnant and she needs me... her response was...thats if it is yours...when he told me this I wanted to cry... the interview was November 24, 2008. I think I am going to go crazy. What do you think

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008
Re: bad Interview

I dont think so. But If we have to appeal I will certainly mention this to the lawyer

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008

Curina, you will NOT go crazy, for your sake's and your baby's. Abusive, inappropriate people are EVERYWHERE. Do your appeal and guide your rightful anger towards seeing this process to the end. You will be stronger at the end of all this.
Best,

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008

Tks Anatolia...we have not gotten the letter as yet. The officer said in a few weeks we should hear from them. Dont realy know what to expect. :(

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008

Oh Curina.. Thank you for sharing what you have experienced. To be honest I was shocked to read this. Are they trying to be a psychic this immigration people? What are they trying to prove? Maybe they are doing reverse psychology whatever... Ana is right pls be brave.

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008

its just that it bugs me that everything went so good until then. If there was a problem then they should have refused us from the get go.....My husbands relatives have not move since he was here in Canada 8 years ago, the address and phone number that the gov. would have had on file has never changed so how come his relatives never got anything in the mail or a phonecall or even a visit from the police if such warrant exists.....

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008

Curina, I bet you will be approved.You will be like Ana jumping for joy here..... just calm down girl everything will be good.When that happens please share with us about the questions asked then... take care.

M

med

well thats so unfair from the part of the officer to say things like that to him abt ur pregnancy . its really unacceptable u ned do something abt it tell your lawyer and the wourt abt that : i hope everything will be ok with you

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008

Hello all,

Just to let you know that we got the refusal letter. The reason for refusal according to them is that we enter inter into marriage just for the PR. This is certainly not the case and we have already started the appeal process. My lawyer said it takes about 6 months and not to worry for we have a strong case because our relationship in indeed real given certain facts. Can anyone shed any light on this.....please.

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Unfortunately, I don't have any information that might be helpful. I am so sorry to hear about your story. Please keep your spirits up. The truth is on your side and you are going to show them how wrong they are. Don't ever ever ever give up.

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Curina there are lots out here who were refused. If you have a strong case then you don't have anything to worry about. I am really curious on how they knew if ever that it is for PR only. Can you share with us some questions they asked if you can. Hey, cheer up ok. If you read some blogs some people were denied but then their appeal was accepted. It is not the end of everything this is just the beginning girl ok.

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
I wish it only took 6 months after a refusal, sadly your lawyer is giving you some false hope. Most appeal hearings if you are chosen for an ADR are scheduled about 10 months from the date you sent your notice of appeal. After that if you win your ADR the file goes back to the embassy that refused you and then you wait again to see how long it will take for them to process the case and issue a visa or they can refuse again on different grounds.

It's a lot of waiting.