+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bad GMAT score....Please Help.... Confused over MBA in Canada

ayuche

Nov 1, 2014
Hey guys....

I am confused over MBA admission. I have a GMAT of 590 and IELTS of 7.0 with no band less than 6.5.

Along with this I have an engineering degree from an Indian university. My CGPA is 7.1 on a 10 scale. I had 11 backlogs during first 3 semesters. but never got any more after 3rd semester and graduated exactly in 4 years (8 semesters). I neither have any year gap nor have taken any extra time to obtain the degree.

Also I passed with First Class.

Till now I have 5 years of experience in an IT company as a Team Lead and I manage a 20 people team. My work experience is strong but I have a bad GMAT I guess.

Now I am confused about universities that I can apply with 590 GMAT. Please help me guys.... I need some universities where I can do my MBA and can expect a good to decent career prospects or jobs after graduation. I am not looking for any ivy league universities, so please help me guys....

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Did u check QS mba ranking college list for canada.
I had 590 as well and experience for 4.5 yrs. i wanted to join in january so i tried concordia univ john montreal and smu sobey school and got admission in both. I have decided to join smu as it is cheaper as compared to concordia.
If u r planning to join in Jan then there are very few options as mentioned above.

If you are looking for sep, 15 then u can find many in list of QS . Cheap and good ones among them will be university of alberta, SFU beedie.

HEC Montreal starts in april i think and is well reputed.
Check these options, do some research and let me know if u have any queries.

ayuche

Nov 1, 2014
Hi Coolraman

Thank you so much for helping.

I am looking for Sep-15 intake. So Sobey is fine with a score of 590? I asked a friend of mine and he said Sobey needs a GMAT of 620-30 at least.

I doubt if Alberta or SFU will admit a 590. So would you mind sharing your profile and discussing a little more on SMU admission?

I have done some research but my confidence level is a little down because of a below 600 score. In case you don't mind, can you help me on Sobey MBA details?

ayuche

Nov 1, 2014
coolraman said:
Did u check QS mba ranking college list for canada.
I had 590 as well and experience for 4.5 yrs. i wanted to join in january so i tried concordia univ john montreal and smu sobey school and got admission in both. I have decided to join smu as it is cheaper as compared to concordia.
If u r planning to join in Jan then there are very few options as mentioned above.

If you are looking for sep, 15 then u can find many in list of QS . Cheap and good ones among them will be university of alberta, SFU beedie.

HEC Montreal starts in april i think and is well reputed.
Check these options, do some research and let me know if u have any queries.
And also I think SMU MBA January intake is not meant for International Students, correct me if I am wrong.

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
See bro i m an myself an example of Sobey and Concordia with 590 GMAT.
Regarding SFU and Alberta i am not sure but you have to take that risk. You have to keep 50000 to 1lac just for applying and couriers and take these risks.
I m in IT with 4.5 yrs experience and b.tech prior (computer science) to this with average grades.
Sobey admission is straightforward. You send documents to CUAC and they semd it to CUAC and they will let you know decision. Keep minimum 2 to 3 months in hand for the process. In india we cannot apply directly for Sobey so you have to go through CUAC office (google it).
Regarding january even i was told the same by CUAC that it does not take Jan intake for internationals. So i directly contacted program manager in Sobey and she said i can join its just that i will start a semester late and finish a semester late.

ayuche

Nov 1, 2014
Thank you Raman....

Also SMU says in AWA 5.0 is must. Are they strict on this too? Me and two of my friends are going to apply with around same GMAT scores, one guy will apply with the GRE score. Is there anyway I can get in touch with you on facebook or skype or mail, which ever you are okay and comfortable with, in case you dont mind me asking you a few more stupid questions and seeking some help?

But that's okay if you can't share any of those details. I understand the concern and may be I can seek some of your help on this forum.

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Skype - accraman1.

Leave ur messages there nd we can connect.

ayuche

Nov 1, 2014
Thanks Raman, I have sent you the adding request on Skype. Let me know if you haven't received it.