+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Backlogs..? Help please!

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I have a few questions regarding visa, please help me.

1. When applying for a study permit, do I attach my backlog letter? (10 backlogs)?

2. Do I attach my failed mark-sheets? If I attach only my passed ones, it looks like I only have 1 backlog that I had in 2nd year.. However then this creates a gap between my 12th grade and graduation.

3. Do the VO do background checks to verify the mark sheets?

Please suggest me the correct thing to do as my agent is saying no need to attach a backlog summary.

I have 10 absentees which count as backlogs in first year. Causing me to repeat first year. I have no marksheet for the 2nd sem of first year as I dropped out in the first sem and started again the next year. So will this cause problems for "missing mark sheet"?

123kick

Dec 22, 2019
My agent told me that you don't need to show them your backlog certificate or any marksheet
A simple transcript will work

Don't let them think that there is something wrong in your profile.

And last thing

Have faith

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
My agent told me that you don't need to show them your backlog certificate or any marksheet
A simple transcript will work

Don't let them think that there is something wrong in your profile.

And last thing

Have faith
So did you attach your failed marksheets / backlog letter..? And how many backlogs did you have?

Last edited:

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Last edited:

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Since you are seeking the truth, here is the note from a recent Ottawa VO regarding grades :
You are closer to the danger zone, anything in double digits really matters. Like we discussed before your profile is decent and depends on the evaluating officer.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
You are closer to the danger zone, anything in double digits really matters. Like we discussed before your profile is decent and depends on the evaluating officer.
I know, but do you think I should be open and provide all my failed marksheets and backlog letter?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
I know, but do you think I should be open and provide all my failed marksheets and backlog letter?
You have to, only individual mark sheets are allowed to be uploaded onto the GCkey based on the checklist ( consolidated is not allowed ). Missing mark sheets will give you a straight refusal.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
You have to, only individual mark sheets are allowed to be uploaded onto the GCkey based on the checklist ( consolidated is not allowed ). Missing mark sheets will give you a straight refusal.
Okay but, here's the thing. In 2016 I started my degree, first sem I remained absent for 10 papers. = 10 backlogs. 2nd sem I didn't even attend nor did I fill my exam details. Started in 2017 from first year sem 1. I only have a marksheet for 2016 sem 1, there is no marksheet or duplicate marksheet for sem 2 of 2016. I have both sem 1 and sem 2 for 2017 and till I graduate.

I also have a backlog summary that shows 10 backlogs.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Okay but, here's the thing. In 2016 I started my degree, first sem I remained absent for 10 papers. = 10 backlogs. 2nd sem I didn't even attend nor did I fill my exam details. Started in 2017 from first year sem 1. I only have a marksheet for 2016 sem 1, there is no marksheet or duplicate marksheet for sem 2 of 2016. I have both sem 1 and sem 2 for 2017 and till I graduate.

I also have a backlog summary that shows 10 backlogs.
That's normal, you are getting confused. Total individual mark sheets should equate to total number of semesters.

AA = won't be considered as a backlog
Only RA and fail

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
That's normal, you are getting confused. Total individual mark sheets should equate to total number of semesters.

Only RA and fail
On my backlog certificate the absentees are counted as backlogs.

Also to make it clearer..

2016 Sem 1: 10 absentees (With marksheet. Lost it, but was able to apply for a duplicate marksheet from the university.)
2016 Sem 2: Didn't attend or enrol myself (No marksheet) -----> Only marksheet i'm unable to get
2017 Repeating Sem 1: All clear
2017 Sem 2: All Clear ------> This time I got the marksheet because I enrolled myself and cleared all papers.
2018 Sem 3: All Clear
2018 Sem 4: All Clear
2019 Sem 5: All Clear
2019 Sem 6: All Clear

Basically repeated a year because of what happened in sem 1.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021

Only RA and fail
Also, would recommendation letters from teachers in my university help in any way whatsoever while filing for a study permit?

123kick

Dec 22, 2019
So did you attach your failed marksheets / backlog letter..? And how many backlogs did you have?
I did not attached any certificate or marksheet

I have 72 backlogs

They didn't mention for any of this (backlogs, certificate)
I have attached enough of documents
Which they have mentioned

So don't worry

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I did not attached any certificate or marksheet

I have 72 backlogs

They didn't mention for any of this (backlogs, certificate)
I have attached enough of documents
Which they have mentioned

So don't worry
72 backlogs.. Wow.. and you got your study permit?

VladMir1992

Dec 15, 2021
I have a few questions regarding visa, please help me.

1. When applying for a study permit, do I attach my backlog letter? (10 backlogs)?

2. Do I attach my failed mark-sheets? If I attach only my passed ones, it looks like I only have 1 backlog that I had in 2nd year.. However then this creates a gap between my 12th grade and graduation.

3. Do the VO do background checks to verify the mark sheets?

Please suggest me the correct thing to do as my agent is saying no need to attach a backlog summary.

I have 10 absentees which count as backlogs in first year. Causing me to repeat first year. I have no marksheet for the 2nd sem of first year as I dropped out in the first sem and started again the next year. So will this cause problems for "missing mark sheet"?
What did you do eventually? Did you get the visa?
I am gonna apply under SDS too from India for MBA in a Public University
Good academics 10th/12th/B.E and around 7+ years of work experience in Top 3 MNC's. I had 2 backlogs in the first and second semesters and the passing year of these two semesters on transcripts are the same as the passing year of the 3rd and 4th semesters.
I don't know
if just uploading transcripts would work

Or do I need to upload marks sheets as well?

Or include backlog mark sheets as well

I read in many threads people uploading just transcripts and getting their visa, people with 10+ backlogs. I don't want to overcomplicate the case or draw unwanted attention to the backlogs. I am in a confused state :(