+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Backlog PR application processing vs Recent PR application processing timeline (as of January 2021): Which applications is IRCC currently focusing on?

ivan95

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
Hello,
I am not seeing a lot news about PR processing timelines on the forums lately, so I thought I might start this thread to compare timelines for all PR applications to see which PR applications IRCC is currently focusing on. Before the start of the new year it seemed like IRCC was focusing on recently submitted PR applications to meet their quota, especially inland AIPP submitted September/October onwards. But now that seems to have slowed back down. I can try to start a counter for outland vs inland candidates and further categorize them into applications submitted after September 1st 2021 and before September 1st 2021. I will try and update the counter as often as I can. Right I now I am thinking every week on Sunday. But, since today is Sunday, I will do the first update on Wednesday, January 27th. So, if you received an COPR after January 1st 2022, please let us know down below . Also, please mention if you are inland/outland and the date you submitted your application on.

Inland before September 1st 2021Inland after September 1st 2021Outland before September 1st 2021Outland after September 1st 2021
January 27th, 2022
January 30th, 2022
February 6th, 2022

Reactions: Mtille

ivan95

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
Not seeing a lot interest. Perhaps the idea is a little flawed since applicants usually dont visit the forums after receiving their COPR. Hopefully this will pick up.

Reactions: Mtille

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Not seeing a lot interest. Perhaps the idea is a little flawed since applicants usually dont visit the forums after receiving their COPR. Hopefully this will pick up.
This is true. Some people I knew stop replying to our inquiries after they got their approval.