+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background declerationg form IMM5669 mistake

mavisingh

Dec 7, 2017
Hey, guys if anyone can please guide me through this; i am in huge stress.

I just received my email from Immigration to fill my new Schedule A form IMM5669.

I did made some mistakes while filling previous Schedule A form:

1.) Forgot to mention that once i got my visitor visa rejected for Australia.
2.) Messed up some years information in Personal history column.

And now if, I fill everything right and come clean to Immigration in new form as they have requested: will they take any action against me; seriously it was a genuine and stupid mistake on my side.

Please, help me with some information and guidance; what is right thing to do here.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You may not get a misrepresentation letter since you will voluntarily provide the correct info this time. If, in the unfortunate event you receive a fairness letter because of this, you should respond with a short explanation why you missed this fact (perhaps it was many years ago and you forgot about it?).

Jan 15, 2018

I just received my email from Immigration to fill my new Schedule A form IMM5669.

And now if, I fill everything right and come clean to Immigration in new form as they have requested: will they take any action against me; seriously it was a genuine and stupid mistake on my side.

Please, help me with some information and guidance; what is right thing to do here.
When i was asked by immigration to fill the form again, i realised i missed mentioning it first time.
Hello, have you submitted a new form? I realize that I had entered wrong dates on the IMM5669 under addresses. I had indicated dates where my spouse was in his home country but he was actually in Canada.

Mangat90

Apr 25, 2018

bro i am in same situation
have you heard from them after submitting updated form?

mldtemi

May 18, 2018
You may not get a misrepresentation letter since you will voluntarily provide the correct info this time. If, in the unfortunate event you receive a fairness letter because of this, you should respond with a short explanation why you missed this fact (perhaps it was many years ago and you forgot about it?).
@LifeDreamer I have a similar situation. In my case, i saw it in GCMS note. They have not sent me any form to fill. Since i noticed my error in the GCMS notes, i have sent a letter of explanation and IMM5669e form stating my VISA refusals.

What do you think?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
@LifeDreamer I have a similar situation. In my case, i saw it in GCMS note. They have not sent me any form to fill. Since i noticed my error in the GCMS notes, i have sent a letter of explanation and IMM5669e form stating my VISA refusals.

What do you think?
What exactly did you find in GCMS notes? Not stating you were refused before is not something to be "seen".

mldtemi

May 18, 2018
What exactly did you find in GCMS notes? Not stating you were refused before is not something to be "seen".
@LifeDreamer It is under integrated search.

ANALYST
RECOMMENDATION: Review Required MI3Reviewrequired A11.2: Appears MetR75:FSWMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Appears MetFSW
points total: 79 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 447 CRS points minimum score for round: 441 CRS score at application (APR): 447 I have reviewed the following for CRS points: PA gained points as MARRIED at ITA and APR PA gained points for 3+ year(s) Foreign Work Experience with "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, edoc# 220118099"

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): no applicants in status NCB(s) of Note: TRV REFUSALS

FAMILY
COMPOSITION: MARRIED since 2007-03-31; Marriage certificate is on file; Spouse is ACCOMPANYING No indication of previous marriages/cl partners 2 children accompanying; Birth certificates reviewed: PA and Spouse listed as parents MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
@LifeDreamer It is under integrated search.
INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): no applicants in status NCB(s) of Note: TRV REFUSALS
You had previously applied for a number of TRV applications to Canada and were refused. In your IMM 5669 form you did not declare any of them, that's why your application is in review. It appears that they already know about this and your GCMS request is also logged, so it may not be useful to correct the info at this stage.

However, you need not to worry much about it because a federal court judgment ruled that a refusal for a temporary visa cannot be used to refuse a permanent visa application. It is possible that they will not take any further action before approving your PR.

Last edited:

mldtemi

May 18, 2018
You had previously applied for a number of TRV applications to Canada and were refused. In your IMM 5669 form you did not declare any of them, that's why your application is in review. It appears that they know already know about this and your GCMS request is also logged, so it may not be useful to correct the info at this stage.

However, you need not to worry much about it because a federal court judgment ruled that a refusal for a temporary visa cannot be used to refuse a permanent visa application. It is possible that they will not take any further action before approving your PR.
But can't they say it is misrepresentation?