+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

background declaration

Sid87

Sep 11, 2012
Hello Friends

6 years ago my visitor visa for USA was refused , but i for forgot to mention that on schedule A background/ declaration form for my CEC application.
what should i do now? should i inform them now or what are my options ?
please help me I am little worried .

Thanks

Sid87

Sep 11, 2012
Thanks for the reply , do u think this can be a negative for the application by informing them this late.

Sid87

Sep 11, 2012
i dont want to hide anything about my background , i simply just forgot my USA visa was refused in dec 2008.
confused what should i do?
do u think this can harm my application ?

NewbieMay

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2013
AOR Received.
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
02/06/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013
Passport Req..
05/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/12/2013
LANDED..........
07/02/2014
im sorry, i know im in the wrong thread but icant find find a thread that could fit in the topic.
im just wondering, if you are a PR in canada, you still need a visit visa to cross the border right? (usa)

chikku0801

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/14/2014
Med's Request
08/30/2014
Med's Done....
07/24/2014
Just to be on a safer side, i am filling my CEC application form and should i fill about the US rejection as well in the background verification form. Also please advise what else need to be filled.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
byrwus said:
July, holy S*. you may be a PR in 3, 4 months. Awesome

Order the notes and see what they put in there.
just send them an email and mention that you did not remember to fill in the information...

One of my friends had the same issue, he emailed them and they did not reply him back. He recently got his GCMS and his query was posted in the GCMS for the VO. In his case, the VO just approved his file without any questions.

As long as your refusal was not due to criminal issues or misrepresentation etc. you should be fine.

Sid87

Sep 11, 2012
I was very young and the visa officer was not impressed , so he refused my application . i never had any criminal record and i never misrepresented any thing, it was just an error or mistake that i forgot to mention it. so overall i think i should email them and inform about my mistake .

Thanks guys

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Sid87 said:
I was very young and the visa officer was not impressed , so he refused my application . i never had any criminal record and i never misrepresented any thing, it was just an error or mistake that i forgot to mention it. so overall i think i should email them and inform about my mistake .

Thanks guys
it's an honest mistake which many people make..don't worry just send them the email...

nothing else you can do but henceforth make sure you mention the refusals in any future applications.

Sid87

Sep 11, 2012
dbss said:
just send them an email and mention that you did not remember to fill in the information...

One of my friends had the same issue, he emailed them and they did not reply him back. He recently got his GCMS and his query was posted in the GCMS for the VO. In his case, the VO just approved his file without any questions.

As long as your refusal was not due to criminal issues or misrepresentation etc. you should be fine.
Hey dbss
i emailed them 15 days ago about the US visa refusal , but i didnt get any reply from them. Now i have a question if you can answer ,as i didnt mentioned about that on any of my previous canadian applications ( study visa or work permits). Do you think they can put me in trouble for that?
As you said your friend had same situation , so i think only you can answer me .

please help me

thanks