+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) Validation

essamseddik

Oct 11, 2017
Hi all,

I'm sponsoring my wife and I was ready to submit until i realized that the checklist was updated on Feb 14th asking for the Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form. This form will not be accepted if it's not validated even though it will not generate a bar code, however i can't find any validation buttons like the way i validated the other forms. Any thoughts?

EasyFlo876

Jun 21, 2017
The validation button should appear at the bottom of the form right below where you write out the full name of the applicant as their electronic signature. The form was recently updated, I think the new version should be "IMM5669 (02-2018). Ensure you're using the latest version.

essamseddik

Oct 11, 2017
The validation button should appear at the bottom of the form right below where you write out the full name of the applicant as their electronic signature. The form was recently updated, I think the new version should be "IMM5669 (02-2018). Ensure you're using the latest version.
The only IMM5669 i can find online is the one in this link:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf
This does not have a Validate button at all. I have validated other forms in my application but this one won't show this button.

Would you please share with me the link if you can find the latest version ?

EasyFlo876

Jun 21, 2017
The only IMM5669 i can find online is the one in this link:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf
This does not have a Validate button at all. I have validated other forms in my application but this one won't show this button.

Would you please share with me the link if you can find the latest version ?
That is old and obsolete...go to the link below, complete the drop downs options and it will provide you with the correct form.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

essamseddik

Oct 11, 2017
Hi Muren, I have not heard from the CIC yet since I submitted my application on March 6th.
I am not at what stage you are right now but here are some thoughts that might be helpful.

1. The form IMM5669 was updated in February 2018. If they have received your application (or maybe the time they started processing it, not sure) after March 14, 2018, you must have submitted the updated form.
2. You may have had some incomplete or incorrect information in the form you submitted.
3. The entire checklist was updated in February 2018 and did not include this form since then. So if you submitted the old-version checklist, you should not have submitted this form too (which does not make sense to ask for it again while they already have it, but maybe they already got rid of all the extra documents at some point?)

Does any of those cases apply to you ?

POMPETEE

Dec 25, 2018
Hello all, please can i filled the imm5669 form with pdf , download sign and scan to upload, the online validation doesn't work here, Adobe is restricted here. please anyone in a similar situation?

essamseddik

Oct 11, 2017
Hello all, please can i filled the imm5669 form with pdf , download sign and scan to upload, the online validation doesn't work here, Adobe is restricted here. please anyone in a similar situation?
Try to open the pdf online using a different browser. I did have the same issue and it was fixed when i did so.
I can't remember what browser worked best, but try IE, Chrome and FireFox.

SwethaBR

Sep 29, 2018
Hi.. My AOR is December 2018, I got a message today that I need to complete this form for me and my spouse. Why does IRCC ask us to complete this. All the data I have provided in my application is accurate. Should I worry?
Also, per Immitracker people who got their AOR cleared their MEP today.. So really tensed..

Mehrdad2275

May 3, 2018
Hi.. My AOR is December 2018, I got a message today that I need to complete this form for me and my spouse. Why does IRCC ask us to complete this. All the data I have provided in my application is accurate. Should I worry?
Also, per Immitracker people who got their AOR cleared their MEP today.. So really tensed..
Me too, My AOR is December 2018, I got a message today that I need to complete this form for me and my spouse. As i checked we need to fill the form and print and then scan and upload, IMM form was required of us not the eimm one......

any Ideas on why they have asked this?

SwethaBR

Sep 29, 2018
Me too, My AOR is December 2018, I got a message today that I need to complete this form for me and my spouse. As i checked we need to fill the form and print and then scan and upload, IMM form was required of us not the eimm one......

any Ideas on why they have asked this?
Not really sure.. Should we call them