+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background declaration form issue

maverick-14

Jul 12, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently filling up the Background declaration (IMM 5669) form and found one clause very confusing. I hope you guys could guide me in this regard:

"e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?"

Now, in my case, i was once refused visit visa to USA under section 214 (b) :'(. It was not a permanent refusal, but i never bothered to re-apply. Now, do you think i should mention "YES" in above question? By "admission" they meant any visa refusal or denying the entry at airport?

MM2

Champion Member
Sep 27, 2012
Visa Office......
London
this question refers to the denial at the port of entry....

so answer should be no

maverick-14 said:
I am currently filling up the Background declaration (IMM 5669) form and found one clause very confusing. I hope you guys could guide me in this regard:

"e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?"

Now, in my case, i was once refused visit visa to USA under section 214 (b) :'(. It was not a permanent refusal, but i never bothered to re-apply. Now, do you think i should mention "YES" in above question? By "admission" they meant any visa refusal or denying the entry at airport?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It would be 'NO' to this question(i.e. question 6e) but for question 6d, the answer is 'YES'.

maverick-14

Jul 12, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
It would be 'NO' to this question(i.e. question 6e) but for question 6d, the answer is 'YES'.
Thank you for pointing that out.

6(d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including certificat de selection du Qubec or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Do you think it would affect my application negatively? :-[

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No, it should not. Lying about it is what could affect your application negatively. I was also refused a visa before but it never affected my PR

Also, please note that a study permit or work permit is a type of "temporary resident" status. So if you were ever denied any type of permit, you need to also mention it in the details section.

maverick-14 said:
Thank you for pointing that out.

6(d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including certificat de selection du Qubec or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Do you think it would affect my application negatively? :-[