Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax.....my wife's year of birth is 1979 and i had sent all the neseaary information since her age 18.
But the VO sent me a request to send an updated one for her Schedule A. Then i realised, that i had sent her year of birth on that Schedule A as 1973.
I am sending the updated form now....but my question is:
Should i send the updated form along with an additional letter saying that the mistake was in the date of birth? or should i just send the updated form?
Thank you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
udayaradhya said:
Dear Qorax.....my wife's year of birth is 1979 and i had sent all the neseaary information since her age 18.
But the VO sent me a request to send an updated one for her Schedule A. Then i realised, that i had sent her year of birth on that Schedule A as 1973.
I am sending the updated form now....but my question is:
Should i send the updated form along with an additional letter saying that the mistake was in the date of birth? or should i just send the updated form?
Thank you.
Yes, send a cover note.

maham123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
qorax said:
With CHC-ND it sure is plausible.
Dear captain Qorax, i have to questions, would appreciate if you answer them:
1) with chc-nd u mentioned that background checks could take after medical, what about the london one, do they also do the b ground/ checks after medical or is it only the security check?
2) i mentioned to u once that i applied in march 2011, got MR in september, afterwards filed another application for new born baby, got her MR in december, her medicals were reached on 19th of december and medical received line was added on e-case on 24th of december. Now you mentioned to me once that i should count the 3-5 months time b4 PPR-1 after my medicals rather than my baby's but its been almost 5 and half months since my medical and 2 and a half months since my baby's that no PPR-1 has come, i emailed them about the status a month ago but no reply has come so far, what do you suggest i should do, shal i wait for some time more or send them another email. plz advice..thnx again!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maham123 said:
Dear captain Qorax, i have to questions, would appreciate if you answer them:
1) with chc-nd u mentioned that background checks could take after medical, what about the london one, do they also do the b ground/ checks after medical or is it only the security check?
2) i mentioned to u once that i applied in march 2011, got MR in september, afterwards filed another application for new born baby, got her MR in december, her medicals were reached on 19th of december and medical received line was added on e-case on 24th of december. Now you mentioned to me once that i should count the 3-5 months time b4 PPR-1 after my medicals rather than my baby's but its been almost 5 and half months since my medical and 2 and a half months since my baby's that no PPR-1 has come, i emailed them about the status a month ago but no reply has come so far, what do you suggest i should do, shal i wait for some time more or send them another email. plz advice..thnx again!
1. Not for any other CHC, incl London. It's 'only' specific to ND.
2. U should be getting ur PPR any time now. Relax.

nazarwaheed

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2011
Doc's Request.
with the applications
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Dear Qorax !!

I think you missed my question .... yesterday

once again need your input.

my doc reached CIO on 28th nov 2011 but since then nothing heard back.

?? Curious .... very curious !!!

any suggestions pls

AUA

Aug 2, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011. Application Received: 12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Doc.
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
PER: 12-12-2011
IELTS Request
sent with Doc.
File Transfer...
None Updated spouse: 27-02-2012 Send PCC and BD: 14-05-2012, Updated new baby: 13-06-2012. ECAS Status show "We Started Processing Your Application on": 15-08-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2012. Med's Received: 23-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012 RPRF Dlved to LVO:30-08-2012 Med's Dlved to LVO:04-09-2012 Med's Received: 15-09-2012 on ECAS
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2012. Decision Made: 21-09-2012 Submitted Passport in Person: 25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

Hello Dear,

Do you think that updating your file with your spouse doc. due to marriage have any negative effect on your processing time?

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
AUA said:
Hello Dear,

Do you think that updating your file with your spouse doc. due to marriage have any negative effect on your processing time?
Dear its a plus point if you had put your application with your spouse and she is qualified have a skilled and have experience then its definitly a plus point

AUA

Aug 2, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with Doc.
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with Doc.
File Transfer...
None Updated spouse: 27-02-2012 Send PCC and BD: 14-05-2012, Updated new baby: 13-06-2012. ECAS Status show "We Started Processing Your Application on": 15-08-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23-08-2012 RPRF Dlved to LVO:30-08-2012 Med's Dlved to LVO:04-09-2012 Med's Received: 15-09-2012 on ECAS
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
sam pk said:
Dear its a plus point if you had put your application with your spouse and she is qualified have a skilled and have experience then its definitly a plus point

Thanks Sam PK.

I sincerely appreciate your comment.

The point I was trying to pass across was, will it have any effect on my processing time. I send them a case specific email and they requested for the update to enable them send the MR, MY eCAS is In Process. Do you have any experience of this.

Will it prolong the time for my MR?

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
AUA said:
Thanks Sam PK.

I sincerely appreciate your comment.

The point I was trying to pass across was, will it have any effect on my processing time. I send them a case specific email and they requested for the update to enable them send the MR, MY eCAS is In Process. Do you have any experience of this.

Will it prolong the time for my MR?
No its not getting so much time consuming because you are the applicant other wise you will apply after you become immigrant then its so much time consume at least 2 to 3 year, its in your hand you have put your spouse related document as soon as possible,

AUA

Aug 2, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with Doc.
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with Doc.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
sam pk said:
No its not getting so much time consuming because you are the applicant other wise you will apply after you become immigrant then its so much time consume at least 2 to 3 year, its in your hand you have put your spouse related document as soon as possible,

Alright, I have done that anyway, just wanted to know so that I can prepare for it.

Thanks anyway.

khanbaba2k10

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 24-01-2013, PPR-2: 22-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-Mar-2013
LANDED..........
12-Mar-2013
Dear qorax,

I've been posting my query on other threads and got few reasonable replies, but still I am not fully satisfied. However, your opinion would be the final stamp on my confusion. Here is my query:

Two days back i.e., 06-03-2012, I received MR, RPRF and updated dox request from CHC London. I am already over the moon making up to this stage. The problem is, I have few educational updates since I sent my full dox to CHC. These are not academic updates but few Industry Standard Certifications (Globally Accepted) related to my profession and just recently, I got promotion+increment on my job due to these certifications. Plus, I have an extremely good job offer in another company. I seek your reply for:

1- Since I have received MR & RPRF request, I can assume all b/ground checks (job & educational verifications etc.) are done at this stage. So, do you think its viable to send these educational/job promotional updates at this stage?. Is this move going to put an extra delay on my case?.
2- What if I switch job at this stage? Do I have to update them about this as well upon joining new employer and what would be the impact on my case.
3- As per latest CIC news, canadian employers will soon have access to few of CIC online resources to directly pick candidates for their companies, based on their qualifications/experience. Keeping this in mind, I would definitely want to make them count my new educational updates too. Plz comment on this as well.

Thanks in advance.

nazarwaheed

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2011
Doc's Request.
with the applications
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Dear Qorax !!

I think you missed my question .... yesterday

once again need your input.

my doc reached CIO on 28th nov 2011 but since then nothing heard back.

?? Curious .... very curious !!!

any suggestions pls

Saurav

Jul 2, 2010
Category........
FSW
Dear Friends,

It's good news for us, that project manger at New Delhi visa office replaced before 9 month. they will work for three year term.compare than previous manger, they are processing very fast and positive.

Position Name

High Commissioner ** Mr Stewart Beck
Deputy High Commissioner ** Mr J. Nickel
Minister ** Mr S. Frank
Minister (Commercial) ** Mrs S. Wilshaw
Minister-Counsellor S. Robertson
Canadian Forces Attaché Col S. LaPlante
Counsellor C. Fong
Counsellor D. Halina
Counsellor (Public Affairs) Mr S. Cridland
Counsellor J. Forest
Counsellor Mr S. Jurschewsky