+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check ?

AshOO7

Jul 13, 2023
Hi,
My name is Ashwin and I was working in the Police Dept in Kerala, India. I lodged my Student Visa Application on April 13, 2023. On April 26th, I got a request letter from IRCC to submit additional IMM5257 and EIMM 5669E documents and submitted the same on April 28. After that, there are no updates in my Portal. After exceeding the time limit, I raised a web form and they replied that My file is at the responsible office at the moment. In my application status tracker acccount, its showing as my Background Check is in progress and it was last updated on April 27. It's been 92 Days since my application and I don't know whats happening around. My classes start on Sep 5, 2023. Only Biometrics is completed. Background Checks, eligibility, and Medical stills need to be updated. Should I request a GCMS Note or should I wait ? I am open to all suggestions.

Thank You
Ashwin Benny

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi,
My name is Ashwin and I was working in the Police Dept in Kerala, India. I lodged my Student Visa Application on April 13, 2023. On April 26th, I got a request letter from IRCC to submit additional IMM5257 and EIMM 5669E documents and submitted the same on April 28. After that, there are no updates in my Portal. After exceeding the time limit, I raised a web form and they replied that My file is at the responsible office at the moment. In my application status tracker acccount, its showing as my Background Check is in progress and it was last updated on April 27. It's been 92 Days since my application and I don't know whats happening around. My classes start on Sep 5, 2023. Only Biometrics is completed. Background Checks, eligibility, and Medical stills need to be updated. Should I request a GCMS Note or should I wait ? I am open to all suggestions.

Thank You
Ashwin Benny
Due to you being in the police department your file will require more scrutiny than a normal application. You can request the notes but whether it will tell you much right now is questionable. Requesting the notes is a minimal amount of $$, it might give you insight to what is happening but it won't affect the outcome.

Reactions: Jorge2023

AshOO7

Jul 13, 2023
So like, Should i enquire for GCMS Notes or Other CBSA Notes ?, Also on 21st July I got my medicals updated & thats a slight relief as I got some update after 100 days of waiting. So only background checks and Eligibilty are left. Does the IRCC Knows that our classes starts at Sep 05 and will they expedite the process before our timeline?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
So like, Should i enquire for GCMS Notes or Other CBSA Notes ?, Also on 21st July I got my medicals updated & thats a slight relief as I got some update after 100 days of waiting. So only background checks and Eligibilty are left. Does the IRCC Knows that our classes starts at Sep 05 and will they expedite the process before our timeline?
There are no other notes to request apart from GCMS. I am sure they are aware of your intake date based on your LOA but as I said before your background probably requires more scrutiny that most applications. If you don't get it by the deadline of your DLI you will have to defer for a later start date.

Reactions: Jorge2023

Sharathkrh98

Aug 1, 2023
Same with me, the background check and eligibility are still under process. It's been almost 9 weeks since I submitted my application. My program also starts from September. Here's the timeline:
From India (Delhi) - SDS Category
Application applied on - 12th June 2023
Biometric - 16th June 2023
Medical Updation - 21st June 2023
Background and Eligibility - In Process

My friend and I submitted the file together with the same profile and course but he got his PPR in just 5 days and here I am still waiting. He got his PPR in the same day as medical updation. I don't know why such a long wait for me.

I have submitted 3 webforms till now of which 2 got the same response saying it's still under process and nothing specific. They are also saying there are a lot of applications that's why it's taking time. I don't know if this is just a template or something really informative.

The anxiety is just building up day by day. The wait is just killing me.

Tamaupogi

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Oh great to hear!! My first day of class is this monday, and I'm about to defer unless I am approved before Sept 19