+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check

Sam1972

Sep 17, 2018
Hi guys

I applied for citizenship Dec 2018. I called CIC today asking about my application status. The agent told me that my local baground check was done but they are waiting for the OTHER background one. My original citizenship is from Iraq and I was living for 12 years in Dubai before coming to Canada 6 years ago. The agent referred to that it is normal things will be late in processing reference to my country of birth. Do I need to worry? Is this normal? Wgat can I do?

Please help

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
As they said, it's normal. Unfortunately there isn't a lot that can be done if a country is taking it's time in responding to requests. At some point, after a year at least, you can start making a little noise in the hopes that it will prompt someone to maybe prod the international agencies they are waiting for, but you're quite helpless until then.

Reactions: dpenabill

Sam1972

Sep 17, 2018
As they said, it's normal. Unfortunately there isn't a lot that can be done if a country is taking it's time in responding to requests. At some point, after a year at least, you can start making a little noise in the hopes that it will prompt someone to maybe prod the international agencies they are waiting for, but you're quite helpless until then.
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it