+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Were a June applicant. On Saturday we received an email from cic stating there has been an update to our account. On the gckey account states background check was changed from we are processing your application to not applicable. And the application status changed from we are processing your application to being blank.

On ecas the last line is medicals were received and application was in process since Aug.

What does all this mean?

Taba0413

Jul 17, 2017
Were a June applicant. On Saturday we received an email from cic stating there has been an update to our account. On the gckey account states background check was changed from we are processing your application to not applicable. And the application status changed from we are processing your application to being blank.

On ecas the last line is medicals were received and application was in process since Aug.

What does all this mean?

Hmmm. Which VO are you in? I am from manila, I am july applicant and my BGC changed to "in process" and received a pre arrival email last dec 1. Until now, no good news

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Kingston, Jamaica and noone from the group had this update. That is good news for you. That means your ppr is around the corner. I have never seen the background check in process.

Taba0413

Jul 17, 2017
Kingston, Jamaica and noone from the group had this update. That is good news for you. That means your ppr is around the corner. I have never seen the background check in process.

It really depends on visa officer handling the app. There are few, after bgc, 3 days after, ppr was given. I was hoping to have the same but it has been 3 weeks and no news yet.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Your approved it's just a matter of time. They will be taking their holidays this week. So if not Dec for sure Jan you will be in Canada.

Eusufzai

Oct 30, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
24-07-2015
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Hello,
Today I linked my application (MPNP) [paper based] to GCKey based online account. I found that there are several steps such as:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results :You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents :The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview :You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check :We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision :Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

However, from GCMS notes It was stated that, eligibility passed, medical passed, criminality passed. I just wonder why in GCkey its showing eligibility is under review. Anybody could shed some light. How long should I have to wait. My medical is already expired.

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai

Reactions: tufayel