+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check

Bwhite74

Dec 10, 2014
I have just finished up my medical exam a week ago and I rec'd a message from Ottawa asking for my FBI clearance and police clearance. I sent those in with my original application, do I have to re-do? Anyone having a similar request? I don't mind doing again if they need it, but the email says they have to have forms within 90 days- the problem is it's 12-18 week wait for FBI clearance. HELP

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Bwhite74 said:
I have just finished up my medical exam a week ago and I rec'd a message from Ottawa asking for my FBI clearance and police clearance. I sent those in with my original application, do I have to re-do? Anyone having a similar request? I don't mind doing again if they need it, but the email says they have to have forms within 90 days- the problem is it's 12-18 week wait for FBI clearance. HELP
Yes you will have to re-submit new PCC.

here is what you can do if you cant submit PCC in given time frame:

A 7-10 before due date email them that you haven't received you PCC before of longer wait time, also attach a copy of that receipt for there reference. Request and assure them that you will submit it as soon as you receive it.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You don't indicate when you submitted your original application. But if the PCCs are more than 1 year old, it IS normal for CIC to request new PCCs.

Sometimes it is simply an oversight by the VO. There is no harm in sending an email stating that you submitted them with your original application, and to request confirmation that you have to replace them -

Sometimes, they simply do get misplaced, and unfortunately, you have to get new ones.

As for the processing time for the FBI cert - that's why they gave you 90 days instead of 60 (the norm). If you get close to the deadline and still haven't received the FBI certificate, just keep CIC informed.

Bwhite74

Dec 10, 2014
I sent everything in June of this year. The are not a year old so maybe I will just send that email and hope they just missed them. If not then I will continue on and re do them. Hoping this doesn't alter that 13 month avg wait time. Thx for your responses