+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check status change from completed to in progress

Raed_Mohsen

May 4, 2015
So they finally requested a second BG check because the one they requested over a year ago expired because THEY didn't touch the application from January to May!!! I love Canada and hate it's government
How long did it take them to request the second BG?
Hopefully things will move for you after that.

RSIR

Apr 28, 2022
Hello there

My citizenship application was completed in every section on 17th June 2022. but I did not receive the citizenship oath ceremony. anyone faced this situation. could you please share your experience and how long it takes? I saw on cic site that the citizenship oath ceremony will receive after a 3- 4 month citizenship test exam. my citizenship exam was completed on 13 February 2022.

usman118

Feb 29, 2016
My BG has also been changed from COMPLETED to IN PROGRESS. I called IRCC and the agent has no clue at all. I sent the FPs on Feb 2022 and still got 2 months to expire. any suggestion?

mike298232

May 17, 2022
My BG has also been changed from COMPLETED to IN PROGRESS. I called IRCC and the agent has no clue at all. I sent the FPs on Feb 2022 and still got 2 months to expire. any suggestion?
they'll change it to complete again, just keep an eye on your application

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
What did it end up being? I have the exact same issue with my mom. FP was done only 9 months ago yet today her Background check was changed from "Completed" to "In-Progress". Her FP still has 3 more months. What was it in your situation?