Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
Yes contacted them million times contactdd mp billion times filed a case against immigration in federal court and still here stuck....

Reactions: EE12345

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
How can we know if we are going through SS or not?! It has been almost 4 months since our BGC started
Asking the call center agents -> is my security assesment completed? ..is one way.
Asking MP if file is waiting in security screening is another way.
Ordering CBSA/ CSIS notes is another way.

I came to know my file is being assessed for security via. call center agents and MP. I have not ordered CBSA/ CSIS notes as yet.

Reactions: Hana Diabas

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!.

Above is also a good forum I found for Security screening waiting applicants.
When we contacted London visa office last week this is the response we got:

In response to your enquires your application is in progress and currently undergoing background checks.

Background checks are carried out by partner agencies in Canada, and as such we don’t have definitive completion date. We are only notified once the checks have been finalized.

So I did call CIC in Canada and was told the application in London and they can’t access it so I don’t know what do they mean by saying partner agencies in Canada?

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019

In response to your enquires your application is in progress and currently undergoing background checks.

Background checks are carried out by partner agencies in Canada, and as such we don’t have definitive completion date. We are only notified once the checks have been finalized.

So I did call CIC in Canada and was told the application in London and they can’t access it so I don’t know what do they mean by saying partner agencies in Canada?
Background check is done not by London visa office itself, they ask CSIS, Interpol or whatever to do it. Then results sent to London visa office and they make a decision.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018

is the medical exam done ?

Reactions: Hana Diabas

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
From my knowledge, Security check falls under Background Check. Though not all applications go under long Security screenings. Some may not go at all. No one can tell for sure the time to complete Security screening. I have heard it can go from 9 to 14 months, but cannot guarantee. CBSA/ CSIS notes give a good picture, but I have never requested or seen them myself.
If you have become Canadian citizen, maybe your spouse can come to Canada on spousal visa or visitor visa or spousal work permit. Hope it helps.
So how can I apply for the work permit for him? Which is better to apply for a visit visa or work permit?

I’m just trying to find a way to unite with him at the same time keep my job and stay near my family in Canada

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
So how can I apply for the work permit for him? Which is better to apply for a visit visa or work permit?

I’m just trying to find a way to unite with him at the same time keep my job and stay near my family in Canada
Hi, you would have to check CIC's website or ask a registered consultant. Or I hope any other expert on this forum could advise you on that. But spousal work permits are common I will say. From what I have seen, if international students are on PGWP their spouse get work permit too and come to Canada and work.

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Hi, you would have to check CIC's website or ask a registered consultant. Or I hope any other expert on this forum could advise you on that. But spousal work permits are common I will say. From what I have seen, if international students are on PGWP their spouse get work permit too and come to Canada and work.
thank you for replying
I think I can also consider applying for a visitor visa for him. I am not sure how easy this will be but can't stop thinking about a way to get united in the near future

Reactions: EE12345

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
thank you for replying
I think I can also consider applying for a visitor visa for him. I am not sure how easy this will be but can't stop thinking about a way to get united in the near future
Welcome. In my opinion, it should not be difficult as a visa is an obvious need for spouse of a Canadian citizen and resident. It is a very valid and positive reason.
Also from my knowledge, a spouse of a Canadian citizen is eligible for Canadian citizenship too. So your husband would now be eligible I think for Canadian citizenship too, though I do not know the details about it.