+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check Not needed>In progress>Not needed>In progress>Not needed

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
The mystery of the background check section with IRCC has me so puzzled.
I am a worrier. Has this ever happened to anyone.

My background check has gone like this:
Not needed> In progress> Not needed> In progress> Not needed

The first time was what I understand to be the completeness check.
The second time, I am not sure- I was told recently that my application was at the final stage that everything was good but that the final decision hasn't been started yet- that it was sitting in queue waiting to be started (This was when it was In Progress for the second time).

Then today, I had to log in to get a file number for something and noticed that it the background check has switched back to Not Needed, again.
What I am to take from that? Anyone with a similar experience around here?

FYI: It's in in Canada CEC application, and my application will be nine months old, next Wednesday.

Thanks in advance!

jd93

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-10-16
AOR Received.
24-10-16
WHATS YOUR AOR ?

jd93

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-10-16
AOR Received.
24-10-16
all of my friends got PPR who applied in mid july 2016 why your file took so long ?

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
I don't know :( I'm special?

I was told a month ago my application was queued for a final decision- but that this part wasn't yet started.

I wonder is there anyone who applied at my time or before me who are still waiting, or am I the last!

babyblue09

Oct 2, 2016
chevalcriostoir said:

I was told a month ago my application was queued for a final decision- but that this part wasn't yet started.

I wonder is there anyone who applied at my time or before me who are still waiting, or am I the last!
Did you order gcms to see what is going on?

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
I had got them back in June, so I didn't want to be ordering them over and over in case I annoy them and they go even slower.
I finally ordered a second set today, maybe the background change is a result of that. Who knows.

Mokshshil

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
chevalcriostoir said:

Go the same reply

i called call centre they confirmed that my eligibility, medicals, criminality, background check and all are complete...

Its only a matter of time when the visa officer picks the file and take a decision.

still waiting...

bt my background check still in progress

March 30 AOR, FSW Outland, VO Ottawa

Lets hope our files get picked and we get ppr...