+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BACKGROUND CHECK-NOT APPLICABLE

1496cc

Jul 4, 2016
Hello,
I have applied for my PR on the 6th of Feb and have passed the medical test as per the information in my CIC profile. However I see my background check to be "Not applicable" now. Until last week it said "the next step is to do a background check"

Does anyone have an idea as to why is it "NOT APPLICABLE" now?

Lastly I see that the "decision is yet to be made"
Please advice.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
1496cc said:
Hello,
I have applied for my PR on the 6th of Feb and have passed the medical test as per the information in my CIC profile. However I see my background check to be "Not applicable" now. Until last week it said "the next step is to do a background check"

Does anyone have an idea as to why is it "NOT APPLICABLE" now?

Lastly I see that the "decision is yet to be made"
Please advice.
That means, they have completed your R10 and Criminality checks. Now, they might be doing your eligibility assessment. Hopefully in another 10-15 days, you may see another BG change as Your Background check in progress.... Once you see this Status, then you can assume that your PPR around the corner.

All the best :)

Reactions: Tophele and Virgo29

Charrington

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Nomination.....
4 jan 2017
AOR Received.
4 February 2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Mines been not applicable for 2 months with no movement, depends on your stream but you could be in for a bit of a wait they seem to have slowed down a lot.

Reactions: Tophele

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Charrington said:
Mines been not applicable for 2 months with no movement, depends on your stream but you could be in for a bit of a wait they seem to have slowed down a lot.
FSW Outland is bit slow stream that I have noticed. But nothing to worry and everyone will get their turn.

Jun 5, 2017
That means, they have completed your R10 and Criminality checks. Now, they might be doing your eligibility assessment. Hopefully in another 10-15 days, you may see another BG change as Your Background check in progress.... Once you see this Status, then you can assume that your PPR around the corner.

All the best :)
Hi,
My medical was cleared on May 18 2017. The current status of Background check is ' Your application is in progress and next step is background check'. I want to understand the process after medical check. What are the next steps in CIC after medical? What happens in backfround check? When does the current stauts will be changed to "NA" and then again change? What is this R10 mentioned above?
Please share the link which explains the basic process or share your knowledge..

Aykay

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Hi,
My medical was cleared on May 18 2017. The current status of Background check is ' Your application is in progress and next step is background check'. I want to understand the process after medical check. What are the next steps in CIC after medical? What happens in backfround check? When does the current stauts will be changed to "NA" and then again change? What is this R10 mentioned above?
Please share the link which explains the basic process or share your knowledge..
R10 and Criminality checks involves first looking at your application to be sure it is complete, that all the documents you are supposed to submit have been submitted and your application is complete. It involves also looking at the police certificates you submitted and confirming they are genuine and issued from the proper police force and that you have no issue that are criminal in nature.

rtpajan

Jun 12, 2016
My medical status was updated to passed on 8th July and BG it was mentioned "under review. We will message you when BG starts". Today I logged into check for any update and my BG is changed to Na. I am confused? What do I expect now?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
My medical status was updated to passed on 8th July and BG it was mentioned "under review. We will message you when BG starts". Today I logged into check for any update and my BG is changed to Na. I am confused? What do I expect now?
This "usually" means that you've passed the R10 check, which means that your documents are complete. They're now checking your criminality and eligibility. When your BG status changes again to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.", it means you're pretty close to getting the PPR (again usually).

The trend is Medicals passed > NA > In Progress 1 > NA > In Progress 2 > PPR.

You are here

rtpajan

Jun 12, 2016
This "usually" means that you've passed the R10 check, which means that your documents are complete. They're now checking your criminality and eligibility. When your BG status changes again to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.", it means you're pretty close to getting the PPR (again usually).

The trend is Medicals passed > NA > In Progress 1 > NA > In Progress 2 > PPR.

You are here
Oh!! Thanks :) I am hopeful now.

I have 2 more questions :

1. I have not updated my spouse name in passport. Should I do it?

2. My husband just traveled to Germany from India for 2 weeks. Do I need to update CIC about it? I am the primary candidate.

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
Hello, i need some help understanding our application status. Under medical is "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam" just wondering because we submitted this upfront last year. And our background check is "not applicable" and under eligibiilty is " we are reviewing whether you meet the requirements"

What is next after this? Pls anyone who encountered same situation, i appreciate your inputs. Thank you!

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A re-med request seems likely. Order your GCMS notes for other things like eligibility status, criminiality and security. Mycic is seldom accurate about those things. My eligibility status shows in review on Mycic. But my notes say it is passsed.

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
A re-med request seems likely. Order your GCMS notes for other things like eligibility status, criminiality and security. Mycic is seldom accurate about those things. My eligibility status shows in review on Mycic. But my notes say it is passsed.
how about for the background check that is not applicable? 2 months ago they asked for another PCC. Then last week BGC=NA what does this means? Thanks

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how about for the background check that is not applicable? 2 months ago they asked for another PCC. Then last week BGC=NA what does this means? Thanks
Nobody really knows. One thing is for certain. NA would mean BG is well under way. I got an additional doc request about my Background After my BG had gone to NA.